Yamaha Chappy

hard_y_rd

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these? Are parts hard to source? I am going to look at one for my 4 year old. They are kinda funny looking but probably a good starter bike. Was originally looking for a Honda Z50.They seem hard to find. They look more like a dirt bike though. My main reason in finding one. Thoughts?

4 year old? That Chappy is probably too big.
We sold a lot of QA-50s, Z-50s, and MR-50s to folks with small children.
In that order, smallest to larger. But rarely for children as young as 5. Most started at about 6 or 7.

I've seen some very young ones ride, but they were heavily padded, with huge helmets (for their size), and their little heads would just bobble about. Sometimes the helmet would take them down before the bike could.

Even so, those little ones were much stronger and aggressive, compared to others their age...

2 of my niehbors have pw50's . one has a 1o yr old that just graduated to yamaha 100. good learners being a no clutch bike. but kinda spendy. one neighbor wants $400 for a basket case, and the other wants 200, but the kicker is limp, and is part of subassembly that is a japanese jigsaw puzzle. whatevr you get,, make sure it works ight out of the box

I never seen one before just pics. Didn't know the child size to bike comparison. I thought it would be easy to get on and off as you can pretty much walk through the bike. He said the engine needs a few things. Mainly the engine put back together. I don't see many gasket kits kicking around for it though. I may pick it up if i can get it for the right price.
My 8 year old girl could use it until the little guy gets to ride. It probably would be an easy flip if no one got any use out of it.

Back