Wanted - YAMAHA XS 650

Sir Real Ed

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI,

Old guy here getting a wild hair..... some of you probably know the feeling.

I bought I new 1976 XS650C in early 1977. Thinking about doing the same now, but we'd both be older.

1976 is my first preference. Followed by 1977, and 1978. But all models will be considered.

Cash is possible, but first choice would be trading a 2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 with only 4300 miles.

I am located in Lynchburg, VA.

Thanks in advance. Shoot me a PM.

HI,

Old guy here getting a wild hair..... some of you probably know the feeling.

I bought I new 1976 XS650C in early 1977. Thinking about doing the same now, but we'd both be older.

1976 is my first preference. Followed by 1977, and 1978. But all models will be considered.

Cash is possible, but first choice would be trading a 2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 with only 4300 miles.

I am located in Lynchburg, VA.

Thanks in advance. Shoot me a PM.
Welcome
You've probably tried the Craigslist route but try Google and just type in like 1976 Yamaha 650
You might find one that way
Good luck

Hi Ed:
I have a '76 (pictured) that I"m unable to ride anymore due to a recent bad turn of health.
At 70 doubt I'll ride ever again. It's in storage but iirc it's 16k on the odometer, many upgrades over the years. I do still have the stock seat (like new, hardly used).

For info please eMail me DIRECTLY at: firesweep at verizon dot net
mc009.jpg

Roger
Endicott NY (1 hr N of Scranton PA)

Thanks for your thoughts, hope good health permits you to do that, I'm just not able to any longer. It could be worse, my best friend was just told he has maybe 2 yrs to live, so not complaining, there's worse things than not being able to ride a motorcycle, am thankful for every day above ground.

firedome,
I understand too well I'm only months from the big 70 and if the doctors can't figure out something I'm not sure I will be doing much more riding. Have cut short a few rides this last summer and just plain did not even consider trying on some nice sunny days. Have not even touched a wrench to any of the bikes out in the garage since late fall.

Very sad to hear people's health news - but that sure is one very pretty blue '76 FireDome!

It isn't for sale, but have you ever seen a red '76? I can certainly attest to the fact that they are a great bike to ride!

My_1976_Yamaha_XS650C_Dec-2016-LHS.jpg

Last edited:
Never saw a red one in person, really nice!
Ya this gettn' old thing isn't for wimps! But I'm grateful for the time I've had, and do have.
Now...the big game's almost here, my Ravens are out, so gotta go root for KC!

Very nice 76 red color scheme there MaxPete. Are those mirrors original ?

Lucille didn’t have any mirrors when I got her so I bought a pair of the Mikes round ones because I’m pretty sure that is what my ‘75 had on it back in the day and I’m pretty sure they were OEM Yamaha mirrors. I later switched to some very similar, but slightly larger Honda 750 mirrors (also from Mikes) because I ride in traffic a fair bit and I wanted the extra rear vision.

Finally, I added one of those anti-vibration mounts to each mirror because....well, you know....there’s a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on....

Back