Yamaha XS-750 For Sale!!! Check it out, give me feed back on the build!

Jmiller057

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1978 Yamaha XS-750 Cafe Racer up for sale on eBay. I know it's not an XS650, but I've been a member of the site for a while now and I appreciate all the help from some of my pervious posts about my XS650 I ride daily. If someone from the site or someones friend/family member is interested in the bike please PM me, DO NOT BID ON EBAY!! I would be more than happy to give someone a better price with relation to the xs650.com forum!

The bike is on eBay right now, check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...les&hash=item461213d43f&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182

Even if you're not interested in purchasing the bike, give me some feed back here. I'm always interested in hearing what others think of my builds.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,187
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 381
It's got some nice work into it for sure, but I must tell you, some "features" you may want to think about:
Gauges. Never had a street bike without any. A bit odd IMO, and not "inspectable" in many states because the odometer is required.
Turn signals- same thing. Required many places for inspection.
Horn- did not hear a mention of one. Required for inspection many places
MIRRORS- At least one is required in MOST states to be street legal
Styling- The big empty hole under the seat may appeal to some, but it looks like you can throw a basketball through there.
Top clamp- You might want to close up the holes for the original bars. With the flanges, they are not very appealing.
Wheels- PC looks great, but those wheels need some kind of contrast to pop.
Tires- not everyone is into those vintage tires that is into the CR style. Many want the most modern rubber you can get on the wheels. I'm picturing Burt Munro carving those into "high speed tires"
White grips?
New brake hoses would be great.
Presentation- You covered a ton of stuff in your vid, but I was waiting for a drive-off and fly-by that did not happen in over 5 minutes of video. At the price you are asking to start, I think more music from that triple might help, assuming it's well tuned. Could have used more info on the state of tune too, as in, ignition mods, carb jetting, recent plugs, cam chain, valve adjust, etc. They sound great when they are right.
Now I'm sure many people are going to line up to kick my dick for giving the opinion you asked for, but so be it.
Good luck with the sale bud.

It's got some nice work into it for sure, but I must tell you, some "features" you may want to think about:
Gauges. Never had a street bike without any. A bit odd IMO, and not "inspectable" in many states because the odometer is required.
Turn signals- same thing. Required many places for inspection.
Horn- did not hear a mention of one. Required for inspection many places
MIRRORS- At least one is required in MOST states to be street legal
Styling- The big empty hole under the seat may appeal to some, but it looks like you can throw a basketball through there.
Top clamp- You might want to close up the holes for the original bars. With the flanges, they are not very appealing.
Wheels- PC looks great, but those wheels need some kind of contrast to pop.
Tires- not everyone is into those vintage tires that is into the CR style. Many want the most modern rubber you can get on the wheels. I'm picturing Burt Munro carving those into "high speed tires"
White grips?
New brake hoses would be great.
Presentation- You covered a ton of stuff in your vid, but I was waiting for a drive-off and fly-by that did not happen in over 5 minutes of video. At the price you are asking to start, I think more music from that triple might help, assuming it's well tuned. Could have used more info on the state of tune too, as in, ignition mods, carb jetting, recent plugs, cam chain, valve adjust, etc. They sound great when they are right.
Now I'm sure many people are going to line up to kick my dick for giving the opinion you asked for, but so be it.
Good luck with the sale bud.

Thanks for the feedback! Who cares what people people think, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours is constructive.

As far as the gauges, horn, blinkers, etc. I wanted the bike to be super clean with no eye soars (although you pointed out the super white grips haha). I have registered my xs650 in Michigan and when I did, they never inspected the bike, just made sure the bike was insured. We just need a headlight/taillight, horn,speedo and one mirror. The horn I forgot to honk in the video, but its there. Also I have mirrors if anyone wants one to throw in on the deal. Same goes for speedo, I wanted a minimalist look but if the next owner wants the old instrument set up, they are more than welcome to take it. My basketball hoop is an idea I took from other high end cafe racers you see in the magazines and I know the look is not for everyone. The top clamp holes I left in case the next owner wanted to put on his own bars because I know how uncomfortable clip-ons can be. And I'm working on uploading the video of me riding it right now. Thanks again! glad to hear from you

Back