Yamaha XS650 Experimental Clutch

Nice write up again 2m........

1 point, i envisaged those steel plates getting snagged and ripped out of the hand and taking pieces of fingers and slapping them against the wall.............Even i would hesitate using a wire wheel...........a newbie........without experience it would be a given i recon

if you continue along those lines of thinking Skull you'll soon not be telling anyone how to fix their machines ! it's impossable to know anothers abilities from a few statements, so are you going to put in disclamers under every use of a tool or it's Implied use ?
are you expecting us to ishue warnings to everyone on the use of a wire wheel if we sujest it's use ? we have to assume allot of things on this site. one is the persons ability to do the job that they are asking about, dangerous ot not. if they loose a finger in the proccess of changing a tire are we to blame ? just about anything under the sun is or can be Dangerous..... it's a given ...
..... I give up !
it's not worth it !
Bob....

Is this an apology.......

Please turn spell check on

believe it or not it is on.... it doesn't always keep up though !
Yes it is an Apology, as I feel my response to you was unwarranted.... probably due to other dealings that I have had with you before that
but in this case I do Apologise.
Bob....

very interesting read, I think we're ready to go to Mars with this clutch now, why didn't these genius at Yamaha figure this stuff out when they built 1st. motor? the springs in my flywheel or flexplate behind hub are not all equal pressure, could this be a factor of clutch non-disengagment? sticky clutch?

Patents are a total minefield. I'm co-inventor on a few that my company got. co- because of hanger-ons. I was the guy..
Another useful tip (for the OP) is, no matter how proud you are of it, never tell anyone, cos sure as shyt, some bastard out there will steal your idea and patent it before you.
Been there, had that done to me, got the t-shirt stolen off my back.

Another useful tip (for the OP) is, no matter how proud you are of it, never tell anyone, cos sure as shyt, some bastard out there will steal your idea and patent it before you.
Been there, had that done to me, got the t-shirt stolen off my back.

Dave I have so many thoughts and memories on this issue that it makes my head hurt. First experience with invention "assistants" and patent attorneys was back when I was about 12 years old. It's been a wild ride since...

Back