Wanted - Yamaha XS650 Front Wheel Housing Cover

RJames

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Yamaha XS650 Front Wheel Housing Cover, part # 1L9-25847-00-00. This is a round black plastic part that covers the bolt holes where the left side front brake disc would go. It fits TIGHTLY, easy to break it when removing. N/A from Yamaha.

I think I may have one or two somewhere in my garage. I haven’t unpacked my shop from moving yet but I’ve got a good idea where to look. Let me see what I can come up with

Is this what you need?
42389C1C-6272-4384-B68E-DB8361368126.jpeg 3FE863B4-1F96-44A8-B16A-3EA7C3D3DAF1.jpeg

Yes, that's it. I actually have a nice one on a front wheel, but I didn't want to damage it by trying to pry it off. Is there an easy way to remove it? Thanks

I just used a flathead screwdriver. Don't try and do it all in one go though. Treat it like opening a gallon can of paint. Just a little at a time working your way around. If you break it I have this one I can sell you.

Last edited:
Yes, and squirt soapy water in there too . There are 3 plastic “studs” that utilize 3 threaded holes. Find those 3 and work them carefully
EDIT ..hey what year ? Those pics above must be a “Special”

With the rotor off, a long thin rod through the bolt holes gently tap, slowly working all three tabs out.

Back