You can always tell an XS650 owner........

After 10 kicks and breaking into a sweat, fiddling with the plug caps and checking the fuel is on, with a crowd watching he realizes the kill switch isn't off..........

I've never done that. No Sir, not me. I'm MUCH too smart to fall for that one!

(Why is my nose getting longer???)

0A1B38F5-D3BB-4FA1-8B06-926AD816B7FA.jpeg

When I was 19 I bought a Yamaha XT500 new. I wasn’t much of a mechanic and one day my new bike simply wouldn't start. I loaded it in the back of my truck and dropped it off at the dealer. When I picked it up, I asked what was wrong with it. Without smiling, the shop manager said “ The kill switch was on.”

Doh! :doh: I never used the kill switch and I must’ve bumped it and never noticed it was out of position. Boy did I feel sheepish!

Doh! :doh: I never used the kill switch and I must’ve bumped it and never noticed it was out of position. Boy did I feel sheepish!

After the tales of woe that were told about what can happen if you leave a PAMCO powered up while the bike is not running, I always shut down with the kill switch now and then I remove the key.

It also serves as a little detector of someone who has been messing with my bike. The first thing most strangers will do is fool around with the switches.

I can relate (have experienced) to everything that has been posted so far. My answer is "D" all of the above!:thumbsup:

Back