You rode today? Where?

pamcopete

Ride.Enjoy.Life is Simple
Reaction score
Well, I can't answer this question. Last time I rode was a week ago when the temperature was 50F and I'm in South Carolina.

Last I rode was two weeks ago. It was 70 n sunny. Was in a tshirt. Now, both bikes are apart, and Im waiting on parts.. Its 70 again.. and I wish I was riding.

Actually Pete. -38 with wind chill. Really cold. Car had trouble this morning even plugged in.

Well, I spent some time on the DEW Line back in the '60's. Places like Cambridge Bay in the NWT where the temperature would go as low as -40F (also -40C)without the wind chill, that could drive it down to -60F. We kept a D8 and all the trucks engines running all winter with heaters plugged into everything, including the differentials and the transmissions. We stayed in the modules all winter except for the daily run to the Stevenson screen to get the weather.

High of 58 today.
Shop is less than 1/4 mile from house.
To and fro, mornin, noon, and night (with a tour of the 5 mile back road adjacent to shop thrown in as a matter of course.....warm to operating temp and whatnot), as often as possible....

:bike:

Just got back from a nice ride on the SE. Big loop from Apache Junction up to the Beeline near Payson then across on SR188 past Theodore Roosevelt Lake to US 60 near Globe then on home. Didn't check but probably about 100 miles. 72 degrees, sunny, all smiles. (sorry bout' that :thumbsup:)

roy

Well, I spent some time on the DEW Line back in the '60's. Places like Cambridge Bay in the NWT where the temperature would go as low as -40F (also -40C)without the wind chill, that could drive it down to -60F. We kept a D8 and all the trucks engines running all winter with heaters plugged into everything, including the differentials and the transmissions. We stayed in the modules all winter except for the daily run to the Stevenson screen to get the weather.

Pete, that's getting really close to the North Pole:yikes:

I worked in a couple of northern locations, also back in the 1960's. Labrador City was
-55F , and St. Walburg, Saskachewan was also in the -50/-55 area. That's just too darn cold for most folks. My work was inside the telephone exchange buildings, which were toasty warm:)

Nowadays, thanks to global climate change, those places don't get that cold anymore.

Rode it yesterday to the DMV to get it registered.

62F. It was very nice for my first real ride on it.

Got my plates and rode it back to the garage for more tweaking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 250
I ride everyday ;) in my dreams that is.. cause here its way too Cold for the real stuff. So until it gets a bit more tempered ill stick to the daily imaginary rides. Rock and Ride on. :bike:

Late this afternoon I road over to a friends home.
I just got in a little while ago.
It should warm up tomorrow for a longer ride.
Black22 your bike looks mighty Fine

20150217_161039-L.jpg

I took the '71 XS-1B out for a long ride yesterday afternoon after work.

It was in the low 60's, totally blue sky...just fantastic!

The bike ran perfect and I had a blast.

I caught myself grinning ear to ear as I rolled on the throttle and leaned her into the corners again and again...these old bikes have so much character, I just love it.

The pic is along the Olympia waterfront looking toward the Olympic Mountain range.

I rode about 30 miles today. If the sun comes out Saturday I will do 240 miles to the coast and back.

Posted via Mobile

I went out today around noon picked up a couple friends went east toward the big lake Okeechobee.
At one stop I took some pix

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 3 bikes.jpg
    3 bikes.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
This topic sucks. I can't even work in the garage. If I pull things into the house I freeze my fingertips and the part frosts up. Ride? Bah!

The only thing I have to cling to is some perverse need to advertise how cold it is, thus claiming some pitiful glory from the depths of my misery. That is sick. I denounce myself for living in the tundra. I did it to myself.
It was -35 F two days ago, and we made it all the way up to a glorious high of 4 degrees F today. Go on with your tales of rides to the beach, regale me with sunsets and casual street corner chats - I have at best 2 months before I can even think of it.

Back