-Xs79-

We will continue to clean the engine. I would like to modify the frame to a brat style, but an engineer told me that the central tube (where the tank goes) can deform. How true is this?

I like the work of this member of the forum, and it can be adjusted to my budget.

Brat+005.jpg

We will continue to clean the engine. I would like to modify the frame to a brat style, but an engineer told me that the central tube (where the tank goes) can deform. How true is this?

It depends on where you reconnect those rear frame tubes and if/where you move the rear shocks. Where are you from? Looks like South America.

It depends on where you reconnect those rear frame tubes and if/where you move the rear shocks. Where are you from? Looks like South America.

I will think about modifying the framework then. I am from Mexico.

I will think about modifying the framework then, I really want to do it, although I don't have much knowledge in that aspect, where I live there are not many options either. I am from Mexico, from a state called Zacatecas. They are welcome whenever they want.

But I see someone swapped on the later stator. It has the electronic ignition pick-up but it appears the wires to it have been clipped. How you wire the brushes will depend on what type of regulator you have. The stock '70-'79 system grounds the inner brush full time to the stator housing through it's mounting screws. The outer brush is fed power by the regulator to control the charging output. The '80 and newer system is kind of the opposite of that. The inner brush is fed switched power (switched on whenever the key is on) from a wire coming out of the harness. The outer brush is fed a ground from the regulator.

I can't see the front cam chain guide in any of your pics. Is there rubber missing from it? There should be a full rubber strip running down the whole length of the front. This is what happens to them when they go bad, the glue lets go .....

w1FmGEX.jpg

Sometimes that whole rubber strip falls right off.

But I see someone swapped on the later stator. It has the electronic ignition pick-up but it appears the wires to it have been clipped. How you wire the brushes will depend on what type of regulator you have. The stock '70-'79 system grounds the inner brush full time to the stator housing through it's mounting screws. The outer brush is fed power by the regulator to control the charging output. The '80 and newer system is kind of the opposite of that. The inner brush is fed switched power (switched on whenever the key is on) from a wire coming out of the harness. The outer brush is fed a ground from the regulator.

Now I am confused. What should I do?

I can't see the front cam chain guide in any of your pics. Is there rubber missing from it? There should be a full rubber strip running down the whole length of the front. This is what happens to them when they go bad, the glue lets go .....

w1FmGEX.jpg

Sometimes that whole rubber strip falls right off.

IMG_20191025_170111.jpg
Here the picture. Does the entire guide have to be replaced or is there a solution to replace the rubber?

That guide has not been centered between the cylinders and the chain has been diggin on one side starting from the top and finishes on the other towards the end. It should be replaced since you have it apart or modify it with an SR 500 guide.

Back