Your Monkey Pox lockdown plans or why I am getting a new bike

mm1ut1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I currently own three vintage motorcycles. One needs a complete restoration, one needs three weekends (and many hours watching YouTube ) to get going, one just has a single issue but I get the feeling it’s just teasing me. Sometimes I just want to ride without wondering what that new noise/vibration/leak means in terms of time and money for parts and tools. This being America I can be poor enough to not have the cash to buy parts but have good enough credit to buy a new bike so after much persuasion from the wife I bought a new bike. Pretty much my wife’s choice and certainly not one I would have picked, we bought a new leftover 2020 Honda NC750X . Didn’t get the DCCT, just regular six speed transmission. The perfect Monkey Pox lockdown bike, riding two up to the ice age trails.

I also have 3 vintage bikes and the need for modern conveyance. My solution was a 2017 Triumph Thruxton.
It has a modern Retro look with fuel injection and water cooling. (and it'll wheelie in 2nd gear so smoothly!)
I hope no one minds a pic...
20180705_102552.jpg

My plan for the Monkey Pox is precisely the same as the one for Covid: Ignore it utterly.

The trusty '16 FJ will fill any requirements in the "get the hell out of the house" department.
Amen. My 2016 FJR is my go-to for long rides. I'll be heading West next month for about ten days. The vintage bikes are for wrenchin and pub runs.

I currently own three vintage motorcycles. One needs a complete restoration, one needs three weekends (and many hours watching YouTube ) to get going, one just has a single issue but I get the feeling it’s just teasing me. Sometimes I just want to ride without wondering what that new noise/vibration/leak means in terms of time and money for parts and tools. This being America I can be poor enough to not have the cash to buy parts but have good enough credit to buy a new bike so after much persuasion from the wife I bought a new bike. Pretty much my wife’s choice and certainly not one I would have picked, we bought a new leftover 2020 Honda NC750X . Didn’t get the DCCT, just regular six speed transmission. The perfect Monkey Pox lockdown bike, riding two up to the ice age trails.
I like that bike. Congrats!

Back