Zall the turd gets polished.

I was working on the 650 when I heard the crash, thought for sure the rest of the big ole willow went down but nope. First thought; power's still on, whew! Should be about a cord of Honey Locust, good firewood.

Last edited:
Gary
What are you plans for the bike? From the name of the thread I thought you were parting it out. Then you take comp checks and cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. Got a plan for the engine?
Or the whole bike?

Plan, me?
:laughing: :laughing:
No firm plan adlib'n

I just want it gone, but always get sucked into a rehab.:cautious:
Filters changed new oil in. My last repaired sump filter went in, I think I repaired 8 sump filters a few winters ago.
Cleaned up "pretty good" under the LH cover.
Have the points/advance shaft out, points cam is rough. I got the replacement tytronic ignition back the other day...
Still lots to do on the tree clean up project yet.

Last edited:
Just want it gone, Gary? Hey, I'm always ready to help a buddy out! Just load it up and head south, and I'll save you hours of work and take it off your hands, won't charge you a dime to do it either. I'd even meet you halfway to sweeten the deal.

Looks like you have the thornless honey locust there. All the honey locusts on my place are the spiky kind--gotta be real careful with cleanup when you've cut one of those, the thorns will go right through a tractor tire.

The rest break continues,
20200830_080729.jpg
Should be done resting today and get back to work tomorrow. There will be more than a cord of firewood. @grizld1 apparently there are cultivars of honey locust that do not have thorns or seed pods (male trees).... Sunburst Honey locust is likely the variety.

Last edited:
Very thoughtful of you, all I have to do is load and deliver?
Why does resting need so much ibuprofen?
Hey what can I say I'm a nice guy like that!

Or you could mail it! That way by the time it gets here with all the BS about the Post Office it should be well aged and ready for the wood stove!

That last part can be the worst, hauling away all the little branches and twigs!
Don't tell the quarry I used to work for that I'm using an abandoned pit on their property to depose of stuff like that! It's a small pit that was probably last used in the early 1900's! I figure if I was to keep doing it at the current rate in about 100 years I'l have it filled in!

@kshansen I sent out 8) 50 pound chunks of trunk yesterday postage due, 50 pounds is the limit per package. Mailman was a bit unhappy his Prius was squatting.. let me know, if they are satisfactory and I'll get more on the way.
So it rained and I had to stop resting and go back in the garage. Points gone tytronics iggy in. Advance rod cleaned one spring tightened a bit. valve covers off lubed cam lobes. Will set valves chain is adjusted, covers will get a buff and gggGary's o-rings. will pull the top bracket and do a head stud retorque, don't see any evidence of oil leaks from the head. Filters back in filled with fresh oil, drug a clutch perch and cable out of the bins. With it cleaned up pretty good "under there" need to put the LH cover back on set the clutch and then... No key, looks like someone hammered a screwdriver into the iggy switch, :banghead: starter button gone, spring sticking out, lots of yellow tape on the harness, no battery, haven't been brave enough to open the headlight bucket yet. So will need to at least patch up some "make it run" wiring. See if I have a viable motor then make the big choice, part out or make it a rider. With no title, it's now doable in Wisconsin but will take a while and $$$ for the blue square of paper. At this rate it's going to need a name soon. :yikes:

Last edited:
Gary
What are you plans for the bike? From the name of the thread I thought you were parting it out. Then you take comp checks and cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. Got a plan for the engine?
Or the whole bike?

Plan, me?
:laughing: :laughing:
No firm plan, adlib'n

What is your end goal with this bike? Is it still just going to be parts? Or are you trying to get it rideable?
Breathless update;
It started and ran WELL first kick!
:cheers:
OK first kick after I remembered the Tytronics needs a +12 feed, :rolleyes:
Changed iggy switch to a good one from the bins, bolted exhaust back on, added some K&N air filters, borrowed the battery from madness, replaced the MIA main fuse holder, bolted on a few other neededs, like a clutch cable and perch. It seems to have a rear brake but no front, tires are GFA but might be enough to take r up n down the road, see if it's a keeper. :sneaky: E start works, um with a screwdriver shoved in the hole where the button was.... Turn signals brake light, taillight work. We'll see about charging in a bit.

I know a guy that bobbed a really nice 77, has all the stock parts yet. He's a bit $teep but...........

Last edited:
Back