ZZR front end mocked up

SWEET CARNAGE

Dude I've got myself a Bianchi SISS and a CUSS. I am a single speeder for life man!

Awesome thread btw.

So I'm still roughly here:

editedsideview.jpg

I got an XS750 tank in the same color to try out and just got my Hugh's Handbuilt PMA and a Pamco Pete kit. Should be on the road in a month.

I also picked up this Gorilla with a 150cc in it.
web-wmIMG_0023_zps32e1d951.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOwwwww. Katana accident?:wtf: Thanks for the shivers man. Bike looks great. How long until your able to ride that thing?

I'm waiting on the pamco (ordered the wrong one in haste) and once it's installed I'll drive it over to a local machine shop to get those toto spacers fabbed up.

It's a motolanna seat.

Thanks man, their seats look awesome and are pretty inexpensive, but they are all out of stock!

Your build is damn sexy.

Thanks,

Check out webike japan....their prices are actually pretty good and you can get free shipping i you buy a few things. They have the nitroheads seats that the motolanna ones copied.

I've been pretty focused on my SR500 lately http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26368 but I really wanted to see these Gordon Scott high pipes on my XS so I hung them just for pics before they get ceramic coated. He does incredible work and the fit and details make it well worth it. I also tried out the xs750 tank but I think It's too wide for my taste and I'll likely sell it.
image-1_zps0445f2d3.jpg

image-1_zpsd7e5923f.jpg

The stock tank has cleaner lines and flows well with the seat and the rest of the bike. Others will most likely disagree for Shure. Both look good I like the stock better. The pipes Gordon makes look great and very reasonably priced. I like what you have done so far. :thumbsup:

What Scabber says. Those 77 decals are big but they do wonders for making the tank "flow" visually. Have you fired up those pipes? How do they sound?

I haven't fired them yet...waiting untill I get time to install the HH PMA and Pamco. I don't know if I trust myself to get it runnig before my front brakes are complete.

The stock tank has cleaner lines and flows well with the seat and the rest of the bike. Others will most likely disagree for Shure. Both look good I like the stock better. The pipes Gordon makes look great and very reasonably priced. I like what you have done so far. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I agree on the tank.

Could you let me know what model zx6/zzr the front end came from & the set up used to fit it up..?
I see you had to change your stem, are you using the zx top clamp.? what bearings.? & did you go with a FZR disc.?

Thanks.

Could you let me know what model zx6/zzr the front end came from & the set up used to fit it up..?
I see you had to change your stem, are you using the zx top clamp.? what bearings.? & did you go with a FZR disc.?

Thanks.

It was a 2000 zx6r wreck that I got for $200 locally. I had my xs stem pressed into the 6r lower triple so that everything bolted up with an xs650 all balls bearing set. I am using the zx6r clamp and fzr600 30mm rotors.

Just for kicks...my 74 RD60 tank. I'd only run it if I didn't have to cut it because I plan on putting the rd on the road soon....with some YSR50 motor mods.

image-1_zps10e70f37.jpg

image-1_zps7e14a5d2.jpg

Green tank is the best looking! the 750 tank looked killer as well. If you get rid of it how much $?

Also, if you scoot the green tank back would it make it sit a little flatter? I like where the seat sits on the 750 tank set up. Then you wouldn't have to cut up the shock mounts to get a decent looking rear hoop.

Back