“Garage built, shed built”... stable built!

Awesome shop space!
The weim is my favourite part so far but I'm biased as I have one myself haha. They're super dogs if you're into dogs that always want to be involved. They like to be around people more than other dogs generally but I love that about the breed myself.

Can't wait to see the build progress!

Awesome shop space!
The weim is my favourite part so far but I'm biased as I have one myself haha. They're super dogs if you're into dogs that always want to be involved. They like to be around people more than other dogs generally but I love that about the breed myself.

Can't wait to see the build progress!

Yeah, for sure AemonBlackfyre! I’ve read that they’re a breed that suffers from seperation anxiety the most.

He’s a beautiful dog though inspite of his apparent naughtiness, he just wants to be with you.

Daniel.

This is one of the other pups that live there.
Rescued 2 year old Ridgeback x Deerhound, she’s highly strung but all mouth, so sweet natured.

E63039AE-EE4C-4801-A538-78209B865465.jpeg

Daniel.

This is hilarious. My other dog is a ridgeback. My weimeraner is a male and my ridgeback is a sweet gentle lady. My weim goes everywhere with me because of the separation anxiety he gets. My ridgeback is a nice girl that likes to chill and lay around. She's a suck too. They have great taste in dogs haha

Did you trial fit that TX swingarm ?
Are you going to go with rear disc brake?
That rear tire, in the pics it looks real meaty, what kind and size is that ?
-R

I haven’t trial fit the swingarm yet, I’m stripping the bike down quick smart so I can free up my unused parts to people I’ve promised them too. Then the frame is off back to my friend to fabricate the seat pan/electrics tray.

Daniel.

Did you trial fit that TX swingarm ?
Are you going to go with rear disc brake?
That rear tire, in the pics it looks real meaty, what kind and size is that ?
-R

I’m using a disc braked hub from Cognito Moto on the rear with and 18” Excel rim, thinking 2.50” rim.

The wheel I’ve just removed is the original, 16” mag, unsure on width.

Daniel.

I was itching to get back to the strip down all day long whilst at work

I followed the tips on this wonderful forum from you wonderful gents for “leaning the bike over” to remove the engine, I lowered her onto a towel covered tire and then sat her back on my bench sitting in the tire.

E827A60A-BBC7-4F82-9685-62DD7A3EFE3D.jpeg

Heavy old lump! My boss helped with the lifting

Daniel.

The week just passed I spent a couple hours an evening after work with my bike, I stripped her down to just a bare frame and started the challenge of cutting off all the tabs & brackets I won’t need.

I’ve never done anything like this before and so again I followed the super helpful advice off this treasure trove of a forum, really enjoying the process, very satisfying!

Sorry for rather dull photos but I felt this was the most worthy progress shot to post.

952578EE-9C20-4CCB-B53B-94306B6DBF7F.jpeg
1CB114F1-FA05-4921-823C-DFD73567DC9E.jpeg

I still have a few more to do this week and then I’m dropping her back to my talented friend for seat pan/electrics tray fabrication.

Daniel.

My brother is visiting from Australia for a few weeks, I have the week off work and so we spent yesterday building this work bench, vice and bench grinder to be added at a later date.

A13B0485-BBC0-47C9-8ECA-703AF0D0E6B5.jpeg
14C70505-8FFF-4779-A63E-89521E028137.jpeg

He also brought with him a set of Ivan Hoey’s High Ratio Primary Gears that I bought and shipped to his place in Sydney, NSW

9A4C9AF4-F675-47AA-A8EC-6A1962165BF4.jpeg

Daniel.

Now THATS a nice bench!
View attachment 149857

Perfect work space, love the metal top too, easy to wipe clean!

Cheers Mailman! I’m really pleased with it.

I found the stainless worktop on a small site clearance job we did, quite a good little score I reckon!

Daniel.

Back