0f8c21acc32dec81c42b1b117b80e9c.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 88
  • 0fd76e1f6d698db4206764dc5ff07b3.jpg
    0fd76e1f6d698db4206764dc5ff07b3.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 6c7ec30377d5ff31da939465b5c6a37.jpg
    6c7ec30377d5ff31da939465b5c6a37.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 93
Interesting ideas .. and artistic ideas ..fine build .But i think it is to large the front .But it is my personal view. how did you form the front
It looks as 2 halves left and right .It is large for hammering out and tool for pressing is unlikely Or ?
From something else ? Car fender ??
In hindsight you propably should have been on the voting list for the calendar I was thinking about it.

有趣的想法..和艺术的想法..很好的构建。但我认为它是大前面。但这是我个人的看法。你是怎么形成前线的
它看起来像左右两半。它很大,用于锤击和压制工具不太可能或者?
从别的东西?汽车挡泥板??
事后看来,你可能应该在我正在考虑的日历的投票名单上。
:laugh2:

Your designs and workmanship are spectacular.
I followed your build in 2021 which I thought was one of the best bikes I saw all year.
Absolutely nothing against any of the bikes chosen for the 2022 calendar, but I thought and still believe excluding that build while littering the calendar with simple survivors was just terrible. Especially when 3 or 4 look about the same with different colors. I can't ever recall as a young man or later, anytime that I ever looked for or forward to finding a calendar containing unrestored (true restoration) or unmodified vehicles. I'm always astonished how people overlook quality and innovative ideas to reward the simplest and most minimum of abilities (being simple maintenance) even when based on personal relationships. But it is what it is. It is a community calendar. It is voted on by the membership. Popularity pays dividends.
I doubt it concerns you much. I concur.
Now that I am actually active I will be nominating your work going forward.
You are a premier builder and I am happy that you share your work. Kudos.

你的设计和做工非常令人震惊。
我在 20 年关注为您制造了,我认为这是我第 2 次看到的最好的自行车。
绝对没有反对为 202222 的任何日期,我仍然认为在将日历与简单的存留者在一起的情况下,该构造非常好。但不同的是选择当 3 或 4 看起来差不多的垃圾时间联想,以奖励最简单和公平的社区能力(简单维护),是基于个人的关系但它就是这样。这是一个啊。它由投票成员。带来红利。
我怀疑你和你有很大的关系。我同意。
我现在的工作很活跃,我将被提名。
您是您在工作中的领导者,我很高兴与您分享工作。
感谢您的关注与留言 谢谢:laugh2:

Your designs and workmanship are spectacular.
I followed your build in 2021 which I thought was one of the best bikes I saw all year.
Absolutely nothing against any of the bikes chosen for the 2022 calendar, but I thought and still believe excluding that build while littering the calendar with simple survivors was just terrible. Especially when 3 or 4 look about the same with different colors. I can't ever recall as a young man or later, anytime that I ever looked for or forward to finding a calendar containing unrestored (true restoration) or unmodified vehicles. I'm always astonished how people overlook quality and innovative ideas to reward the simplest and most minimum of abilities (being simple maintenance) even when based on personal relationships. But it is what it is. It is a community calendar. It is voted on by the membership. Popularity pays dividends.
I doubt it concerns you much. I concur.
Now that I am actually active I will be nominating your work going forward.
You are a premier builder and I am happy that you share your work. Kudos.

You had been a member for 2 years when the nominations for 2022 calendar were being posted..........There were several posts asking for more nominations because there were just enough to make a calendar and more were needed to make a decent amount of nominations to vote on..............Where were your 3 nominations then, instead of making a point about it now, maybe you should have done something then.

Some one who buys a bike, knows nothing and learns to change the oil, set the points and tappets and rides the bike gets as much satisfaction, (maybe more), as someone who can use a lathe and make parts for their build. The Calendar is about the love and pride of owning your XS650 and being able to show it off. Looking down ones nose on those deemed to be unworthy is not what the calendar is about.

BluzPlayer
still believe excluding that build while littering the calendar with simple survivors was just terrible. Especially when 3 or 4 look about the same with different colors. I can't ever recall as a young man or later, anytime that I ever looked for or forward to finding a calendar containing unrestored (true restoration) or unmodified vehicles. I'm always astonished how people overlook quality and innovative ideas to reward the simplest and most minimum of abilities (being simple maintenance)

Hmm.
What do you know.
For once Skull and I are in agreement. Kinda sorta.
Indeed I was a member of the site for 2 years when the calendar nominations were submitted.
I wasn't actually active at the time other than a few pm's to various members gathering some parts.
So I just stayed out of it. It is aftr all a community calendar and although I was indeed a member; I did not feel that I was a part of the community. More like an outsider looking in. I spent my time on the forum then mostly devouring the tech section and studying various builds. Regardless I could have made my opinion known and offered up the nomination. I didn't.
I am however an active member now and I will rectify that oversight going forward.

I don't remember the satisfaction an owner gets being part of the conversation but then again it's not uncommon for you to get things twisted in some manner. There is no doubt that every bike owner gets enjoyment from whatever level build they have. That is why they have a bike to begin with. You can make your own opinion on what the calendar is about and I could really give a rat's azz what it is. There is nothing written in the rules that states or agrees with your opinion.
I made it plain in the post( the parts you intentionally failed to quote, because it is just you being you) that I am fully aware of what the calendar is about. It is a community calendar that is voted upon by the membership. The qualifications of each member voting are for each individual voting to decide. Voter A, B, or C can and most likely will have different criteria. And furthermore none of them may match YOUR criteria of what the calendar is about. Popularity pays dividends.
So does participation on the site.
So does hosting build threads so membership feels an attachment to the machine and has knowledge of what went into it. I never said the bikes that made the calendar were undeserving. They deserved the spots because they were voted in.
It is funny to me that you try setting YOUR standard for what the calendar means for the entire community. Yet you dismiss MY opinion about what I consider to be a calendar worthy bike.
Imagine that from the forum bully...
Who could see that coming.
It is absurd that you think you can dictate my or anyone else's opinion.
My preference for a calendar would include high quality builds, true restorations of stock machines, one or two hardtails, a special, and a single survivor provided there are quality representations available for all those groups represented. I like variety represented on a calendar.
I like high quality. Survivors have a place and I mentioned as such in my intro thread. I just don't believe that 25% of the calendar should be survivors while overlooking spectacular builds. I am fully aware that this is MY opinion. I believe it would make for a better calendar to me. Again it is voted on by the membership and each member has their own criteria so it is what it is.
But the calendar seems to be more of a good old boys club handing out participation trophies than the type of calendar I would want. Of course these are mostly sold to the membership and not a broader audience. Therefore it works.
I may be the only person here that thinks this way, but I'm ok with that.
When I think of something being calendar worthy, I just naturally think about the best of the best.
The community has it's own collective voice and I'm quite fine with it. So Mr. Dictator...
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I can see this coming again .. Saving petrol ..the fairings have been out for a couple of years because of styling
and costs i suppose
But if the petrol prices and environmentalists keep on .. It can change ... perhaps not that large
But more than today.
It can also extend the season in cooler climate
Take the 350 cc Bike .. instead of the 7000 cc Cadillac Eldorado convertible getting stuck in the traffic Jam
I remember reading that Moto Guzzi was early having a Wind tunnel

https://www.racecar-engineering.com...lleria-del-vento-born-out-of-the-wind-tunnel/

Back