各位大佬好 这个是我最近设计的xs650多多指教

The pressure in the tank and crankcase will be equal since they will be connected via a tube and thus form one large pressure vessel. The oil will flow at the normal pressure since the oil pump inlet "boost" from the crankcase pressure is exactly cancelled out by the crankcase backpressure being forced into the oil passages. The pump will do its thing, but there will be no increase in oil pressure over the stock system. So I was mistaken when I said backpressure would eventually stop oil flow. You will lose all the benefits of crankcase ventilation and will eventually start blowing seals and gaskets. Blow-by gases are essentially an "unlimited" source of pressure and will do its dirty work in short order. Believe me, I jury-rigged a crankcase vent filter on a compressor once and it blew off like a relief valve once the crankcase pressure rose high enough.

I'm pretty sure it's going to look like this after a few seconds of pump running......
oil flow.png

[QUOTE =“ MacMcMacmac,post:691076,member:805”]由于油箱和曲轴箱将通过管子连接,因此形成一个大的压力容器,因此油箱和曲轴箱中的压力将相等。机油将在常压下流动,因为通过将曲轴箱背压强行推入机油通道,可以完全抵消来自曲轴箱压力的油泵进口“升压”。泵会做自己的事,但不会增加库存系统中的机油压力。因此,当我说背压将最终阻止机油流动时,我就弄错了。您将失去曲轴箱通风的所有好处,并最终开始吹动密封件和垫圈。窜气本质上是“无限”的压力源,将在短期内完成其肮脏的工作。相信我,我陪审团在压缩机上安装了一个曲轴箱排气过滤器,一旦曲轴箱压力升高到足够高的水平,它就像安全阀一样吹灭了。[/ QUOTE]
:)我在机油箱上 。装个压力开关就可以解决您说的问题

quote the old cult
According to what you are worried about, there is too much pressure in the oil tank. I have added a pressure switch. A certain pressure is reached. Switch will work

I thought that was a pop-off valve. I do hope when he gets it running and rides it on the highway nonstop for 50+ miles he lets us know how it all works.
It looks like he has thought it out well.

If the level in that oil tank is any higher than the H mark on the sight glass, it is going to continue to gravity feed into the engine after shutdown until the level in the tank is the same as the level in the engine. This will be very bad news at startup. He could use a spring loaded stop valve like the oil feed line to the turbocharger in a 650 Seca to cut the oil flow at shut down, but they were notorious for leaking and causing a smoke show. Alternately he could pressure feed the bottom and take the supply from the top, but he would still need a check valve in the supply line, although a simple swing check would work for that. Maybe two in series for extra protection from leak back. At any rate, that tank will have to be kept full to prevent a fatal delay in oil supply to the bearings, cam and pistons. I would not want to risk my engine on a couple of check valves operating correctly.

The inclusion of a relief valve in the tank will prevent over pressuring the tank and crankcase, but now you have just the regular ventilated crankcase, with the added mess of a vapour spewing relief valve and minimal venting of acidic moisture to atmosphere. He really needs to drop the idea of routing crankcase ventilation to the tank.

Last edited:
A while back I was going to admonish Old Cult for the lack of an air cleaner, one of my pet peeves. Now he has come up with this wonderful piece and the craftsmanship continues to be amazing. I don't understand the variable vents, maybe he will enlighten us.

[QUOTE =“ hovel,post:694033,member:30454”]前段时间,我要告诫Old Cult,因为我缺少空气净化器,这是我的宠儿之一。现在,他提出了这个奇妙的作品,而工艺仍然令人赞叹。我不了解可变的通风孔,也许他会启发我们。[/ QUOTE]
Ť通风口是可变空气流量 因为过滤棉是两层 外面是一层是细的里面的一层的粗的 可能会影响空气流通 所以加上了手动空气流量的开关,感谢您的留言

The
vent is a variable air flow because the filter cotton has two layers, the outer layer is thin, the inner layer is thick, which may affect air circulation, so a manual air flow switch is added. Thank you for your leave a message
Agree; amazing fabrication skill and dedication to hard work!

Back