150 Tractor Auction

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
@Downeaster

150 Tractors up for Auction. Happens tomorrow, 25th here in Auz. Just saw this, literally now and thought you'd be interested to have a look...........https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-24/three-springs-vintage-tractors-collection-auction/101463096

Who would think tractors would be worth so much..........they have a 1904 Ivel in amongst the 150 tractors up for auction. Apparently the last one on the market went for $580,000.

https://online.doningtonauctions.com.au/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/99

Skull. This is a great post.:thumbsup: I`ve looked at every picture and read every word. Very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting this.

Skull - thanks for posting - I used to spend hours sitting on the IH WD6 with my next door neighbour (he owned the farm I lived on) - just with my arse against the inside of the mudguard - one slip and your history - never thought about it - was interesting when a snake came over with the back wheel - I restored a Massey Ferguson 35. Picture attached.

Attachments

• White flat tractor 005.jpg
    White flat tractor 005.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 51
Skull - thanks for posting - I used to spend hours sitting on the IH WD6 with my next door neighbour (he owned the farm I lived on) - just with my arse against the inside of the mudguard - one slip and your history - never thought about it - was interesting when a snake came over with the back wheel - I restored a Massey Ferguson 35. Picture attached.
Nice looking tractor

The 19's were grey and 24's were red, same as your 35.

We had an old Fergy 24 on our farm. Bloody great tractors. Not much for safety on those old ones with their PTO's being so exposed. Had an old sickle bar mower and a Belt drive housing that bolted to the PTO shaft that we used to drive a water pump for washing out our poultry sheds. Had to be real careful around the belts.

When i think back on how we used that tractor, especially when making the silage stacks ever year, used the tractor to compress the stack A slight mistake would have meant death.

Skull - its amazing what we got away with. I remember sitting in the bin of the Shearer harvester with the wheat coming in via the auger and gears under a cutaway bit of plate underneath. There must have been heaps of accidents like your explaination of PTO's spinning unprotected - I quess I just didnt hear about them.
Regards Ray.

Back