Sold / Found / Inactive - 1972 XS2 Gauges required

hi guys I'm new to this site, I was wondering if some one out there has a XS2 speedometer for sale

• advice where some one knows of one for sale

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • direct me to some one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think i have spelt Vinola wrong.........ill do some research............i had an address, will have to search my archives.

Gday and welcome Laurence.
Just take note, the TX750 pistons are flat topped and will drop your CR down to about 4:1. The Venolia sound like a good bet. Cruzin image sells TX pistons now but I'm not sure if he sells 80mm XS2 pistons. U got a good buy there mate. Cheers.

Gday and welcome Laurence.
Just take note, the TX750 pistons are flat topped and will drop your CR down to about 4:1. The Venolia sound like a good bet. Cruzin image sells TX pistons now but I'm not sure if he sells 80mm XS2 pistons. U got a good buy there mate. Cheers.
thanks for your reply with all of the information passed onto me I feel that I have a very special XS yamaha

hey Laurence, welcome to the site. Rare bike.............. import or NZ new??. ..............Introduce yourself in the Garage, the guys here will bend over backwards to help. Have had a couple of other GS750's on here over the years, not for a long time though

Heads up. If you change you heading to a wanted add you might get a better response
hey I just bought another yamaha 650 I posted a pick of it, its a 73 TX650 low miles

Well this is what happens when you pre-order anticipate doing a rebuild so now I'm set for the life of the TX which is very tidy :doh::laughing: 20210622_082323.jpg 20210622_082436.jpg 20210622_082452.jpg 20210622_082500.jpg 20210622_082508.jpg 20210622_082518.jpg

Hi guys Laurence here from New Zealand, I just bought a 72 XS2 XS650-GS650 ( 750 cc ) that is missing the speedometer would anyone know where I can buy a good working condition ( not asking much for a 49 year bike eh ) gauge please. I saw one on e bay USA but the guy wants more than my budget allows and there is two in the UK one has a broken plastic face ( I thought they were glass XS1 maybe ??? )
any help :)
You should change this thread to found, since I have bought your GS650.

not sure this is the correct way to say that I have bought and given away the speedometer that I needed at the time. I found a gauge in the UK had it sent to me here in New Zealand and now it's winging it's way to the USA so even though the miles on the gauge haven't gone up its traveled 19000 miles by flying :wtf:

Back