Sold / Found / Inactive - 1972 XS2 XS650 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Enjoy...now you'll have to repeat the same answers to the same questions when you take it to your local Cars 'n' Coffee events and love every minute doing it.:cheers:

I’m young enough that most people don’t bother to ask me about my bikes, I think they figure I don’t know much about em or they don’t belong to me. Who knows. I’ve been riding 60s/70s bikes I’ve built since I was 16. It’s always been the case.

This is the first bike I’ve ever bought that I didn’t need to do anything to. It’s a wild feeling haha. Kinda like buying my first new bike haha.

I put the key in, turned on the gas, pulled the decompression lever and it purred like a kitten.

Close this out. HAHAHA

Attachments

• Title Closeout.png
    Title Closeout.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 95
Well here we go! Yes it’s true sports fans, I’m selling my bikes in order to clear up room in my garage and have a little money in my pocket so I can move on to something new. I’m not going anywhere, I’m learning from Gary, out with the old and in with the new. :D
So without further ado,

1972 Yamaha XS2 ( Mailman’s XS2 )
This was a year long restoration of a low mileage original bike that had been in storage in dry, hot Arizona for 30 years. As much as possible all the original components were gone through and refurbished to as new condition. Nothing was left untouched. The motor was rebuilt with new 2nd over pistons. Here is a list of new parts and work done. I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things. Bottom end was in good condition and untouched.

$5400
8,585 Miles
New cam chain and chain guide
Boyer Bransden electronic ignition
New solid state voltage rectifier
New solid state voltage regulator
Rewound rotor
New brushes
Carburetors rebuilt, new jets and floats
Rebuilt petcocks
New clutch, and springs and heavy duty bearing
New starter gear
Starter rebuilt
All new engine seals
Frame was sandblasted and powder coated
New swing-arm bushings
New steering head tapered bearings
Front and rear drive sprockets replaced
Heavy duty o-ring chain
New Wheel bearings
Forks rebuilt, missing and damaged parts replaced
Rebuilt brakes and brake caliper
New Stainless front brake line
New Master cylinder
New starter switch
New clutch and throttle cables
New speedometer and tachometer cables
Recovered seat with new replacement foam
All bodywork repainted
All new bodywork emblems
Speedometer and tach refaced
Custom handmade aluminum steering damper, ( original black knob included)
New handlebars
Electronic voltmeter
New mirrors
Recent battery
Comes with all original parts that were removed
Also comes with the original gas tank that was painted but has a bad liner in it. Paint is perfect, but it can only be used for display or it will need to be restored.

I‘ll try and get a new start up and walk around video added soon.
View attachment 212631View attachment 212632View attachment 212633View attachment 212634View attachment 212635View attachment 212636View attachment 212637View attachment 212638View attachment 212639View attachment 212640View attachment 212641
Yeah that's a beauty. You just don't see many in this kind of shape. Lucky buyer

Back