Make Offer - 1972 xs2

ayrhen

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold this bike last fall.... don't know how to kill a post or I would take this down. Sorry folks.

I have clean title to this bike. No rips or tears in seat. All electrical systems in working order. New battery last summer. Appears to have original tires. Runs. Paint is faded if that bothers you. Tank is lined with POR15. Petcocks rebuilt. Few small dents in tank as well as some scratches. One side of tank has a new reproduction badge from MikesXS. The front fender is from a '74-'76. Could possibly send you video of bike starting, running and I can provide more photos upon request.

Selling bike on its own, but also have hard saddlebags and fairing in matching paint scheme if you are interested in paying extra for those.

From time to time I've seen the question raised, "what is the value of the early standards". Nobody seems to be able to answer that question aside from, "only what someone will pay for it", and it also seems to hinge largely upon where you sit geographically. I stuck it on Craigslist (without saddlebags/fairing) for 3 or 4 days with a $1,500 price tag on it, realizing that was probably a bit high. But I didn't leave it on there too long. I pulled the ad and I'm running it on here, if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what it is worth.

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 200
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
98 miles from Ottumwa. If you are interested in the bike and want to meet half way, Pella is approximately the half-way point (north and west of ottumwa).

I have clean title to this bike. No rips or tears in seat. All electrical systems in working order. New battery last summer. Appears to have original tires. Runs. Paint is faded if that bothers you. Tank is lined with POR15. Petcocks rebuilt. Few small dents in tank as well as some scratches. One side of tank has a new reproduction badge from MikesXS. The front fender is from a '74-'76. Could possibly send you video of bike starting, running and I can provide more photos upon request.

Selling bike on its own, but also have hard saddlebags and fairing in matching paint scheme if you are interested in paying extra for those.

From time to time I've seen the question raised, "what is the value of the early standards". Nobody seems to be able to answer that question aside from, "only what someone will pay for it", and it also seems to hinge largely upon where you sit geographically. I stuck it on Craigslist (without saddlebags/fairing) for 3 or 4 days with a $1,500 price tag on it, realizing that was probably a bit high. But I didn't leave it on there too long. I pulled the ad and I'm running it on here, if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what it is worth.

HI! if the bike is not sold could you please email me on this address
I share this email address with "She Who Is To Be Obeyed"
email-- grace242631@yahoo.com.au I am a member! Regards godbless TIM

Back