photo 4.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 259
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 253
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 264
Update: I got the jugs and pistons off and was thinking of doing one of two options.

Option 1: bore out the jugs and get new pistons/rings.
Or..
Option 2: buy used jugs and pistons that are in good condition and save a lil bit of money to use on other things on the bike.

What do y'all think?

I agree 2M, that's what I think I'm going to do. I found a shop that will bore it out for $50 a cylinder. Any suggestions on how big to bore it and where I might get some pistons/rings/pins?

Hey y'all, just wanted to give you some updates to where I'm at on the build. I had the cylinders machined and bought new Pistons. I just about have the engine back together with new and cleaned up parts. The frame is getting repainted and I'm about to replace the front fork tubes. This forum has been very helpful! Any questions that I've had, I just read from pre existing forums or watched YouTube videos.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Haha I've heard stories of people seeing ufo's here but I haven't personal seen anything that would make me suspicious. 2m, I was actually down in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago (Kerrville & Medina Tx)

Back