Sold / Found / Inactive - 1973 650

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to part ways with my 73 it's basically bone stock right down to the air filters (20,786 on the speedometer )
What isn't stock are the forks are 6" over, the handle bars are buckhorns ? and the seat has been recovered but the pan and foam seem to be fine the tank has been cleaned with Rust Restore and it looks pretty good and I rebuilt the gas cap / repaired the sump screen /new plug wires and resistance caps / and changed the oil
The tires are shot and the chain too
I'm asking $1600 for it
I paid someone to rebuild the master and wheel cylinder and to get it running I then rode it home 40 miles and thought jeez I can get it running just a little bit better but...
It won't run now, I'm sure I had to have gotten the timing off and the points too
It is a matching #s bike with clean title in my name
Heres a few pics let me know if you are interested
Some where on my computer and on one of my threads is a video of it running before I messed with it If i can find it I will post that too
Thanks ! Mikey
That last picture is of the inside of the tank after Rust Restore

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20221015_180026033.jpg
    IMG_20221015_180026033.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 152
I would love to have it but shipping would cost too much unless you want to get gggGary to deliver for a price. Do you deliver?

Last edited:
No delivery from my end I only have a little Hyndai and no trailer

Some fella from Wis I think south of La Crosse wants the bike and I told him I would hold it for him as he's a dairy farmer and will need a friend to get it cause the girls can't wait 10 hours between milkings
Of course everything's for sale until the cash hit's my hand but he seems like a nice guy who works on equipment, cars bikes etc.
He's always wanted a 650 so when he buys it hopefully, he'll sign up here

Some fella from Wis I think south of La Crosse wants the bike and I told him I would hold it for him as he's a dairy farmer and will need a friend to get it cause the girls can't wait 10 hours between milkings
Of course everything's for sale until the cash hit's my hand but he seems like a nice guy who works on equipment, cars bikes etc.
He's always wanted a 650 so when he buys it hopefully, he'll sign up here
Always great to have another one in the fold. If it were closer, I'd be banging on you door, cash in hand. Good luck!

Thanks
I'll still have 2 and now he'll have 1
It's time to spread the 650 addiction to another person he sounds pretty exited about it
He already has stock front tubes for it and probably other stash and just never had enough to start

The poor guy (Oscar) has Covid he figures he might have got it from his neighbor who was going to milk his cows while he was gone
It aint going anywhere so I'll wait till he gets better and then we'll make it happen

I have not heard from Oscar since the 12th of Nov
I think the poor guy might have died
So I guess it's back up for sale

You are sure having a hard time selling this bike. I would love to have but shipping would cost; I am not sure.

Bill

I got the space and the time but spring will get here again
I paid $800 to ship from Arizona to MN so it can get spendy