1975 B model brake hose help

AlanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to replace the 2 front brake lines that run to the single caliper. They each have a banjo fitting on one end and a female thread on the other that fits onto the metal pipes. Can someone please advise what these fittings are known by and what size etc.. so I can look into getting some new braided hoses. Thanks.

eidemaddin

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I just purchased some for my '75, in steel flex. The advantage of these is that I can convert to double disc without needing a larger master cylinder. Which is the actual reason for the line change...

Bremsleitungen XS650B.jpg

You can actually get them in any well-stocked shop, either for one or two discs. A number of suppliers also produce them inexpensively to order.

AlanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. I’d still like to know what the female fitting is actually called so I can look for a Uk supplier to make up hoses with the correct bits on the end. Hel Performance call this a “ swivel circuit female extended barrel” 🤔 it comes as a M10 x 1.00 convex seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.png
    IMG_0402.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 10

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
What are you threading into the female end? Are you using the stock steel line or are you threading in another banjo bolt at the caliper end? On my bike I utilized the factory steel line going into the caliper. It takes an M10 x 1.00 female fitting.

AlanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that - ties in with the spec from Hel Performance. I spoke to their technical guy and they do a kit for Uk spec B model so I just need to adapt that for my US bike. Appreciate your help. 👍

AlanW

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok , last question I promise - what size banjo bolts do I need? M10 x 1.25?? Thanks

Grumpydog

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Would like to replace the 2 front brake lines that run to the single caliper. They each have a banjo fitting on one end and a female thread on the other that fits onto the metal pipes. Can someone please advise what these fittings are known by and what size etc.. so I can look into getting some new braided hoses. Thanks.
Go on to a company called YAMBITS they have what you need