For Sale - 1975 XS650 Brat/Bobber Style Still For Sale

skidro

SkidRo
Reaction score
Maryland (DC Metro area)

$3450.00 (reasonable offers considered)

After years of enjoyment I am selling my custom built Brat style XS 650. The bike was built in 2008 and I have enjoyed owning and riding it. It is a fun ride and a head turner. It sounds fantastic with the two into one headers. I have moved onto cruisers and I have not ridden this bike on the road in a while (October 2019). It needs to be ridden and enjoyed and not stored in a garage, hence selling it.

I have started it regularly and ridden it around the block to keep the seals and mechanicals functioning properly. It uses the minimum of lights - head light (high/low), rear riding light and rear brake light. This is a kick start only ( I think the electric starter is still on the motor) and it typically starts on the first kick thanks to the Pamco ignition and high voltage coil.

The odometer reads 23K+ miles. However, the odometer was replaced so the actual mileage is unknown.

A video is available of the bike running.

The bike has been registered in Vermont since 2009 until 2019. There is no title for the bike although the registration card can be used to apply for a Maryland (or elsewhere but you must check your local state rules) title. Or it could be re-registered in Vermont.

I am moving and I do not want to take this bike with me.

Features and/or Upgrades include:
Special Tank
35MM front end
Aluminum rims
Linked Carbs

These items were replaced or built during the build phase (Nearly everything was rebuilt or replaced).
Conical steering head bearings
Bronze swing arm bushings
Custom seat
Custom Handlebar Risers
Straight Drag Bars (handlebars)
Custom 2 into 1 exhaust
Custom battery box
Electronic ignition (Pamco) replaces points - retains the mechanical advance unit.
Electronic Regulator
Braided stainless steel brake line
Front brake master cylinder
New Battery
Polished aluminum sides covers, wheels, front fork sleeves, valve covers, carb tops, etc.
Custom wiring harness
Individual air filters
Shocks
Tires are in great shape
New spokes installed
Chain

I have a parts box with various goodies that go with the bike. Items such as new clutch cable, oil pickup filter, jets, seals, gaskets, spark plugs, etc.

No test rides as it does not have a valid registration. We will start it and I can drive up and down the driveway to show the gears, brakes, and lights work. Bring a trailer or truck/van.

Sold As Is, No Warranty, Cash Only, No Returns, Buyer responsible to perform a thorough inspection prior to purchase. Reasonable offers considered. The signed Vermont Registration card and a Bill of Sale will be provided.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a really nice job. Have you tried to move it on eBait or Fakebook Marketplace? Most of the subscribers to this forum have an XS650 already. I hope you do well with your sale.

Looking at the bike i see an 80G, (could be another special, 792F, (if the wheel rims are alloy), or 81H), list of parts on the bike. 35mm front end, special Tank, rear and front wheel, linked carbs, (76/77 or78/79), and all these things, sepecially the front end is an upgrade and there is nothing mentioned about this in your advert. Worth mentioning all this in the advert for a selling point.

It looks like a really nice job. Have you tried to move it on eBait or Fakebook Marketplace? Most of the subscribers to this forum have an XS650 already. I hope you do well with your sale.
Thank you. I put some heart into the bike. I have it listed on both sites and a few others. Hopefully someone will snatch it.

Last edited:
Looking at the bike i see an 80G, (could be another special, 792F, (if the wheel rims are alloy), or 81H), list of parts on the bike. 35mm front end, special Tank, rear and front wheel, linked carbs, (76/77 or78/79), and all these things, sepecially the front end is an upgrade and there is nothing mentioned about this in your advert. Worth mentioning all this in the advert for a selling point.
Wow, I didn't realize/remember some of your observations. It's been so long since I built the bike I completely forgot. Your right on with the tank (I drove a few hours to find it) the and wheels. I didn't realize it had a 35mm front end. I'll update my ad (everywhere) and double check the front end. Thank you and I appreciate the information.

How can you tell it’s a 35 mm fork from the picture ? Position of the brake behind rather than in front of the leg ? Curious

How can you tell it’s a 35 mm fork from the picture ? Position of the brake behind rather than in front of the leg ? Curious

Have a look here between the 76 an 77 models. (don't worry about the position of the caliper front or back of the fork), look at the brackets on the forks, (Brake line and guard brace on the 76), and the different calipers and different rotors. The 77 and later models came out with the 35mm forks and the guards front guard didn't have braces.

https://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650...workshop-manuals-and-other-information.30569/

Wow, I didn't realize/remember some of your observations. It's been so long since I built the bike I completely forgot. Your right on with the tank (I drove a few hours to find it) the and wheels. I didn't realize it had a 35mm front end. I'll update my ad (everywhere) and double check the front end. Thank you and I appreciate the information.
To quote Sherlock Holmes: “Elementary my dear Watson”!
Thanks for the lesson!

Back