1975 XS650 M-unit wiring rebuild

T4NG

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Quick background I'm the guy with the bike fire a few months back and finally got some capital to rebuild the bike. Currently I tore out my wiring harness and kicked out my battery box and getting a new tray welded in. Been looking over the checklist of new parts I needed and I opted for rebuilding with the M-unit wiring diagram listed.

My questions I have for the forum is in regards to some lost information that this diagram Ive snatched.
1.) for the alternator what kind of connector do i still need if Im pairing it with a reg/rectifier combo from DCC (https://www.dimecitycycles.com/vint...lectric-regulator-rectifier-xs650-10-504.html)
2.) for the points wiring coming off the engine Im a bit confused do they directly connect to the two different ignition coils (ref second image)? does someone have a picture of their coils connecting to the points if possible for reference?
3.) do I still need a starter relay or starter solenoid with the Munit?
4.) probably gonna need a recommendation for crimp set or connector set if anyone has any links off amazon for good ones

thank you all in advance I have lurked for a few years and am hoping for the best with my post fire rebuild

Attachments

• O7ZqTHv.jpg
    O7ZqTHv.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 433
  • points2.png
    points2.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 431
Back