For Sale - 1977 XS650 Cafe Racer

craig8johnson

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1977 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer.
$2500.00
77 XS.jpg

The engine is stock. Runs well. Lots of upgrades to the rest of the bike over the decade or so that I've owned it. I'll list what I can remember.
Fiberglass tail section.
All lighting is new.
Pamco digital ignition. Electronic. No points to adjust.
Modern tires and tubes.
Stock pipes with updated mufflers.
Suspension updated with progressive springs in the front and new shocks.
Gauges.
Flat bars.
Really nice bar end mirrors.
Stock battery and air cleaners updated and center of bike opened up.
New AGM battery under seat cowl.
Tank is from XS750 Yamaha.
Chain and sprockets are fairly new and it's been geared up for a little higher highway speed.
New fork gaiters.
Cool stock aluminum wheels.
Swingarm pivot has been updated to the brass one (orignal is plastic)
Paint is flat black rattle can and a little rough.
There is no electric start - kick only but it starts well.
I wired it without a key. A simple switch turns on the ignition.
Actual mileage is unknown but I'd guess from the original odometer somewhere just south of 20K.
I also have a front fork brace if you don't like the front fender and I have a set of rear sets for it but it's a bit of crouched position for an old guy - which I am.
Clean Montana title in my name. I have a Motorcycle history report on this bike from Cycle Trader.
I don't answer my phone because of robo calls but feel free to call and leave a number or shoot me a text to four oh six - 218 - eight oh six five and I'll get back to you. Or just message me on the forum.
Thanks.

Probably. They were on the bike for a total of about ten miles. I have the kicker which as since been bent back to (more or less) normal that I can throw in plus the modified brake and shift linkage. I don't remember for sure but I probably got them at Mikes XS. Shoot me an offer.

Last edited:
How about $125.00 and I'll pay shipping. That'd save you a hundred bucks and you wouldn't have to cut up any pieces - plus it'd save you shipping.

Back