For Sale - 1977 XS650 Hardtail Bobber Project - Clear Title - Georgetown, IN

Radford119

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this one stings a little, but here goes. Up for sale is my '77 XS650 hardtail project. I started this project way back in 2013 when this forum was in it's infancy. I loved coming on here and seeing all the cool builds by everyone and was fascinated by the creativity and inspiration. Sadly that was long ago and the same passion I once had for this project is no longer there. I've been divorced, moved three times, and had two more kids since then and have put my time into work and other hobbies. To get this far and have to give up on it sucks, but I know in my heart I have truly lost interest and it will never be completed as long as I hold onto it and it is just taking up space. It's been forever since I have messed with it but below is what I know to be fact. If anyone is needing any more pictures or information, feel free to ask and I'll take whatever you need. You can also PM me and I'll give you my phone number and answer any questions about the bike you want.

It runs, has great compression, but needs the carbs balanced.
'77 XS650 Frame
'81 XS650 Special Motor

Clean Indiana Title in hand, in my name

Powder Coated Parts

Front Hub
Rear Hub/Brake
Triple Clamps

New Parts
Shouldered Rims (MikesXS)
Spokes and Nipples (MikesXS)
Pod Filters (MikesXS)
Sprockets (MikesXS)
Chain (MikesXS)
Tach delete (MikesXS)
Starter delete (MikesXS)
Rear drum pads (MikesXS)
Rubber carb diaphragms (MikesXS)
Chrome tracker handlebars (MikesXS)
Custom Rear Fender (Can't remember who made it)
Biltwell Seat Mount
Biltwell Throttle and Grips
Redtail Leather seat
Wassel Style Tank and Cap
TC Bros Hardtail
Headlight
Firestone Blackwall Champions

What It Needs
Front brake cable
Electrical needs to be wired all the parts are included. Coils are not currently mounted, but they are included)
Kickstand welded (not included)
Currently has a master cylinder off a 4 wheeler for a Brembo caliper conversion. (I think I still have the caliper, but not the adapter to fit it to the fork)

Also Included
New wiring harness kit with all of the plugs, terminals and a crimper kit from MikesXS - https://www.mikesxs.net/vintage-electrical-conections-kit-w-tool.html
Any parts I unearth along the way, again this project has been sitting for 6+ years.

Looking to get $3,600 cash OBO

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpg
    IMG_8140.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_8138.jpg
    IMG_8138.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_8137.jpg
    IMG_8137.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8133.jpg
    IMG_8133.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8134.jpg
    IMG_8134.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_8135.jpg
    IMG_8135.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8136.jpg
    IMG_8136.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 273
Can someone tell me if I'm way off base with the price on this? I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks for your help.
I am interested, but I do think the price is high.

here is an example of another I was looking at, this one is near me in Michigan. it's $3k and fully running / complete, with the 750 engine bore and upgraded carbs, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1046084392708017/

however, your build has a frame style I prefer with the mid controls as well.

Can someone tell me if I'm way off base with the price on this? I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks for your help.
If bikes like that had broad appeal, you could go to a dealer and buy one. So, you’re looking for that person who shares your taste in a custom bike. You have to be patient. When that person or people shows up, I think the price will work itself out.

I am interested, but I do think the price is high.

here is an example of another I was looking at, this one is near me in Michigan. it's $3k and fully running / complete, with the 750 engine bore and upgraded carbs, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1046084392708017/

however, your build has a frame style I prefer with the mid controls as well.
Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate it. If you decide you want it, I will work with you on what you think is fair.

If bikes like that had broad appeal, you could go to a dealer and buy one. So, you’re looking for that person who shares your taste in a custom bike. You have to be patient. When that person or people shows up, I think the price will work itself out.
Yeah, that's true. I've been away for a while so I wasn't sure how active this forum was anymore or how far off I was in price.

Hey everyone, this one stings a little, but here goes. Up for sale is my '77 XS650 hardtail project. I started this project way back in 2013 when this forum was in it's infancy. I loved coming on here and seeing all the cool builds by everyone and was fascinated by the creativity and inspiration. Sadly that was long ago and the same passion I once had for this project is no longer there. I've been divorced, moved three times, and had two more kids since then and have put my time into work and other hobbies. To get this far and have to give up on it sucks, but I know in my heart I have truly lost interest and it will never be completed as long as I hold onto it and it is just taking up space. It's been forever since I have messed with it but below is what I know to be fact. If anyone is needing any more pictures or information, feel free to ask and I'll take whatever you need. You can also PM me and I'll give you my phone number and answer any questions about the bike you want.

It runs, has great compression, but needs the carbs balanced.
'77 XS650 Frame
'81 XS650 Special Motor

Clean Indiana Title in hand, in my name

Powder Coated Parts

Front Hub
Rear Hub/Brake
Triple Clamps

New Parts
Shouldered Rims (MikesXS)
Spokes and Nipples (MikesXS)
Pod Filters (MikesXS)
Sprockets (MikesXS)
Chain (MikesXS)
Tach delete (MikesXS)
Starter delete (MikesXS)
Rear drum pads (MikesXS)
Rubber carb diaphragms (MikesXS)
Chrome tracker handlebars (MikesXS)
Custom Rear Fender (Can't remember who made it)
Biltwell Seat Mount
Biltwell Throttle and Grips
Redtail Leather seat
Wassel Style Tank and Cap
TC Bros Hardtail
Headlight
Firestone Blackwall Champions

What It Needs
Front brake cable
Electrical needs to be wired all the parts are included. Coils are not currently mounted, but they are included)
Kickstand welded (not included)
Currently has a master cylinder off a 4 wheeler for a Brembo caliper conversion. (I think I still have the caliper, but not the adapter to fit it to the fork)

Also Included
New wiring harness kit with all of the plugs, terminals and a crimper kit from MikesXS - https://www.mikesxs.net/vintage-electrical-conections-kit-w-tool.html
Any parts I unearth along the way, again this project has been sitting for 6+ years.

Looking to get $3,600 cash OBO
What rear fender is that

Back