Sold / Found / Inactive - 1977 XS650D Sold Sold Sold!

No joke, I could have sold that bike three times yesterday. I had a flurry of activity at my house in response to my Craigslist ads. One guy showed up with a pickup truck, ramps and tie down straps, just moments after Mikey bought it. He drove an hour to get to my house and was really disappointed to find it sold.
I’m happy it went to Mikey though, keep it in the family! ;)

Just got the 77 this afternoon and the mover delivered me a beautiful bike :bike:
And the kicker was I got the title from the MN DMV yesterday
I just went to transfer the title on 26th of April and it's here
Somebody screwed up big time at the DMV :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_20220512_153858789_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220512_153858789_HDR.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 127
Just got the 77 this afternoon and the mover delivered me a beautiful bike :bike:
And the kicker was I got the title from the MN DMV yesterday
I just went to transfer the title on 26th of April and it's here
Somebody screwed up big time at the DMV :laugh:
First thing I have I to do is hide a key in the headlight bucket
I don't ever want to be stranded after losing the key
I had a friend who's bike key fell out of his jacket pocket and we found it after about 20 minutes underneath the chair he had been sitting on at a cafe we just ate at

Not that I do this but gorilla taped inside a side cover. Cuz well screwdriver to open bucket. but if you want to have some pain as a lesson.... carry on. ;^)
Course I'm always; wait, did I do it on THIS bike?

Not that I do this but gorilla taped inside a side cover. Cuz well screwdriver to open bucket. but if you want to have some pain as a lesson.... carry on. ;^)
I always figured no matter where I was somebody would have a phillips screwdriver if I ever lost my key
I've never lost a key but...

I always figured no matter where I was somebody would have a phillips screwdriver if I ever lost my key
I've never lost a key but...
I guess I am optimistic. I figure 3 people out of 10000 know how to run one of these and those 3 of 10000 already have one so I leave the key in so I don't lose it. I did order and receive a second key. I checked that it worked. I forgot where I put it. ;)

I guess I am optimistic. I figure 3 people out of 10000 know how to run one of these and those 3 of 10000 already have one so I leave the key in so I don't lose it. I did order and receive a second key. I checked that it worked. I forgot where I put it. ;)
I just wouldn't want some a hole to toss the key for me

Hah. I recall the 70s when it became popular to stash a spare key in a magnetic container that was attached to the chassis somewhere.
It soon became a popular pastime amongst car thieves to look for the little key container.