Wanted - 1978 xs650 for AHRMA

Marty44

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello xs650 enthusiasts...
I vintage race with AHRMA in Hist Production Lightweight (Below 500cc) and Heavyweight (500- 750cc). Race both classes with a 1978 sr500.. The sr is fine in lightweight but doesn't have the grunt for heavyweight...

1978 is the cutoff for my class and as I'm a tuning fork guy, I'm looking for a 78 xs650 for Heavyweight class...
Rules require the following stock parts: frame/swingarm/seat pan/forks/gas tank and a few others....

Those stock parts and a DECENT engine are my main concern..

Would consider a complete bike or a pile of the above mentioned parts!
I'm located in the Southeast, but don't mind traveling or getting parts shipped...
THKS

the cutttoff date for my class is 1978, sometimes theyll let you have a newer one if its proven they are identical to a 78

Hello xs650 enthusiasts...
I vintage race with AHRMA in Hist Production Lightweight (Below 500cc) and Heavyweight (500- 750cc). Race both classes with a 1978 sr500.. The sr is fine in lightweight but doesn't have the grunt for heavyweight...

1978 is the cutoff for my class and as I'm a tuning fork guy, I'm looking for a 78 xs650 for Heavyweight class...
Rules require the following stock parts: frame/swingarm/seat pan/forks/gas tank and a few others....

Those stock parts and a DECENT engine are my main concern..

Would consider a complete bike or a pile of the above mentioned parts!
I'm located in the Southeast, but don't mind traveling or getting parts shipped...
THKS
I have a pile of the parts you need I am in Central Florida

I have a 78 special roller, it’s a little rough, but tested 120 psi on compression & shows a little over 8K on the odometer. I’m traveling to Birmingham Al in a couple weeks.

I dont have wheels , but have motor with a PMA , frame the someone has started cutting on , but may be OK for a race bike , Tank , forks etc
Shazam! Are there any pics of the frame & forks? Are the forks 35mm? Does the frame have a serial number and a title?

Back