For Sale - 1979 XS650 / 750 Custom one of a kind

Fastestoldwheelieguy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
This was a 1979 XS650S/F Special. It is now a 750 with 34mm round slides, K&N, Shorai battery, Pamco electronic ignition, 2 into 1 exhaust, external oil cooler, nothing is stock. Full bare frame build. About 100 pounds lighter than stock! Starts with a touch of the button. This bike was the October bike in the 2021 XS650 calendar. Clear Texas title in my name. Asking $5,500. Cash talks! More photo's available upon request.
Custom XS750.jpg

Pipes and related mounting hardware, crossover, double wall header pipes, grab bar, seat, metal fenders, center stand, alternator, complete wiring harness, rectifier, both coils, headlight, taillight, speedometer, tachometer, indicator panel, turn signals, both vacuum fuel petcocks, handlebars, handlebar switches, battery, front engine mount, battery box, air cleaner box and hardware, metal side covers, upper fork leg covers, stock shocks, steel rear brake stay, (GASP)......it adds up! I also removed and unused tabs on the frame. All of it together made a BIG difference!

Awesome! I know I weighed the wheels before and after drilling and the fronts (with bigger holes than yours) shaved like 0.8 lbs.

Best way to go faster is go on a diet yourself, haha! But GLWS, bikes one of a kind!

Yes, it was a "SWAG"....SPECIAL WILD ASS GUESS because it didn't actually weigh each piece. Hell, just removing the stock battery and replacing it with a Shorai saved at least 5 pounds. The Shorai battery weighs just under 2 pounds but has 220 CCA (cold cranking amps). The stock handlebars were really heavy too with extra thick walls. It is pretty fast too but you need to remember that it is a 45 year old bike and not comparable to the modern ultra light crotch rockets of today.... It's a classic and produces a LOT of conversation.....

Back