For Sale - 1979 Yamaha XS650 F for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantzcb

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD, thanks for looking!

This bike is not perfect. This is a very clean, excellent running XS650.

Local pickup only, NE Ohio

Many thanks to 650 Central and MikesXS for guidance, tools, and parts.

$2975 (revised 3/30). Offers considered. Many ads for vintage motorcycles often include a list of what is needed to get it running for the summer, or list it as a project bike. This bike is neither. It's ready to ride. Over $4000 (revised) invested, it's easy to do. That said, this bike is thirty-seven years (37) old. This bike is for someone who enjoys older bikes, and is a "do-it-yourselfer". This project was completed two years ago. 600-700 miles were put on the bike since completion.

Engine: rebuilt top end. .020 over, valve grind, new timing chain and tensioner.
Fuel system: New tank, new petcocks, rebuilt carbs including new floats, K & N air filters.
Electrical: Boyer Brandsen Electronic Ignition, Solid State Voltage regulator conversion, new alternator brushes, new wiring harness, new AGM battery (3/4/16).
Chassis: New front and rear wheel bearings, bronze swing arm bushings, steering head ball bearings replaced with tapered roller bearings.
Suspension: Front forks rebuild with new Progressive springs, Gold Valve fork cartridge emulators, new seals. Longer than stock 13.5" Progressive Magnum gas shocks with new springs. This combination of makes this a nice riding and handling bike.
Brakes: rebuilt master cylinder and caliper, new pads and shoes
Tires: New Dunlop 404 tires and new tubes, wheels trued, assemblies balanced.
New: Chain and sprockets.
Exhaust is stock. I had the head pipes blasted and ceramic coated.
Fresh oil change and a fresh tank of gas 3/5/16.
The faring is a OEM Yamaha accessory. I have the windshield, but never installed it.

No test rides. I'll take you for a ride, or you can watch me ride it.
Cash only. As is, no warranties expressed or implied. All sales final.

Call me at three three zero 454 one two two nine.

Key words: Yamaha, 650, XS650, standard, Standard, 650XS, 1979, '79, not a 650 Special, Mikes XS, 650 Central,

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_3263.jpg
    IMG_3263.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3264.jpg
    IMG_3264.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3265.jpg
    IMG_3265.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
price and invested edits.

thanks for looking

Price lowered on '79 to $3495, and will consider offers.

Two others coming up for sale also:

'82 special - will post when I get it running - rebuilt carbs, rebuilt master & caliper, new front tire.

'62 YD3 - will post after '82 is running.

Price lowered on '79 to $3495, and will consider offers. <snip>

This was THE bike I was looking for at the end of last year. But....I ended up in the hospital and had to use the money on doctor and hospital bills.....damnit:banghead:

Only 350 miles away......and it's breaking my heart.

Bummed in NC....:(..Gordon

Well Gordon,
If I had not been procrastinating, you would have the bike and the doctor bills!

Well Gordon,
If I had not been procrastinating, you would have the bike and the doctor bills!

I hear ya Clyde......I "guess" that's a blessing but one I could have lived with (pun intended w/5 bypasses) I have good insurance and the doctors and hospital could have waited. :laugh:

That is a fine looking bike and seems to be done up right. Just what I was looking for....I have so many projects I'll have to live to be 200 to ever get them all completed. :( This time around I wanted one I only had to maintain.....not rebuild/build.

I have grown to REALLY like my XS650......it's such a joy to ride. Different from my British singles.....not really "better"....but different in the best of ways.

I wish you luck with the sale.....I can't imagine it'll last much longer. I looked in the cookie jar last night and I won't have enough play money until Xmas....damnit.

So I'll just sit here and dream........wind blowing through the hair that's no longer on my head and that warm fuzzy feeling you get from a well tuned engine between your legs. :bike:

Good luck and enjoy the spring.....it's just around the corner.

Gordon in NC

1975 XS650B getting new tires
1975 XS650B parts bike getting some of it's bits soda blasted

Last edited:
Gordon,
Right there with you and the 200 projects, as I would bet we are in good company with all the tinkerers on this side with their 200 projects.

Factory bucket is used. Seal comes with factory faring. Windshield is two miles tall, never mounted it.

Bike is SOLD! Thanks for looking.

'82 special coming up for sale, hopefully by this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back