For Sale - 1979 Yamaha XS650 lanesplitter bobber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that I love this bike and I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. You did everything right on this scoot. Good luck with the sale.

I would pick it up, but columbus ohio to new jersey is a trek.

I'm not a chopper/bobber guy, but man, your build catches my eye... nicely done! I really like your rear end fender/bob job. What exhaust is that?

:D

Last edited:
I'm not a chopper/bobber guy, but man, your build catches my eye... nicely done! I really like your rear end fender/bob job. What exhaust is that?

:D

thanks bpeck! the rear fender is off a softail....just cut down and flipped up a little. the exhaust is a mac 2-1.
-erik-

considering slapping some paint on her for the spring/summer. any suggestions? gloss black, gloss white, hunter green, pagan gold, silver, flat or gloss navy blue?

I like the raw metal look. If you're going to paint it, I'd want to see an extreme flake 70s job. But that would not be cost effective if you're trying to sell it.

I like the raw metal look. If you're going to paint it, I'd want to see an extreme flake 70s job. But that would not be cost effective if you're trying to sell it.

i do too but ive been getting a bunch of comments about how i should slap paint on it and just finish it. originally i was going to have "sure" over on tcu do a nice abstract 70s style paintjob on it with tons of flake. he was going to give me a great deal. i still may have him do it if i opt to keep the bike for this season. if not, im thinking a nice gloss black will be an easy seller. everyone loves black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back