For Sale - 1980 cafe' racer

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
VERY nice XS cafe' racer. Top end rebuild, including 2nd overbore pistons/rings, new valves, new cam chain guide. Replaced several seals on lower end; now drip free.
XS750/XS850 tank, Omars seat. Clubman bars with bar end mirrors. Lowered gauges and headlight. Lots of polished parts. Dunstall replica pipes on Mikes headpipes. Rebuilt carbs with K&N filters (or velocity stacks). Much more.
Any questions just ask. Bike is located in Rock Hill, SC (just south of Charlotte, NC).
Asking $2650.
P7030044.jpg

P7030046.jpg

P7030049.jpg

P7030051.jpg

P7030050.jpg

Last edited:
G scott thats a sharp bike and a fair price,where did you find the v stacks with the mesh covers? ALso how did u like that omar seat.

I can't remember exactly where I found the velocity stacks but I think they're originally for a snowmobile.
The Omars seat is nice. Expensive, but thick fiberglass, great quality, comes with the pad, etc. Worth the extra $$$, IMO.

Just too much stuff. Trying to thin the heard a bit.
Before I was into XS650's, I was into classic VW Bugs for a while. Over the years, I ahd done many projects and held on to quite a few. Between my house and my Dad's, I had ended up with three finished VW's and seven bikes in various states of completion. As you may know, this old stuff isn't meant to just sit around. When they sit, they require work...
I struggled with the decision for quite a while but decided to sell them to someone who could enjoy them and get my collection down to a manageable number. Sold my bobber just this morning. Sold two VW's in the last few months.
Don't worry, I have a '75 XS650B resto project going on and will definitely have SOMETHING in the garage to keep my fingernails greasy!

cool man what did you sell it for, im thinking of buying one and don't know what it will set me back

VERY nice XS cafe' racer. Top end rebuild, including 2nd overbore pistons/rings, new valves, new cam chain guide. Replaced several seals on lower end; now drip free.
XS750/XS850 tank, Omars seat. Clubman bars with bar end mirrors. Lowered gauges and headlight. Lots of polished parts. Dunstall replica pipes on Mikes headpipes. Rebuilt carbs with K&N filters (or velocity stacks). Much more.
Any questions just ask. Bike is located in Rock Hill, SC (just south of Charlotte, NC).
Asking $2650.
P7030044.jpg

P7030046.jpg

P7030049.jpg

P7030051.jpg

P7030050.jpg
.......hi i luv the exhausts and mufflers ,,, are those both mikesxs,,,which part/no if possible regards oldbiker

Wow! Back from the dead!
This is one bike I regret selling. Sold it before the cafe craze took off.

The headpipes were MikesXS and the mufflers were Dunstall replicas from eBay.

Back