Sold / Found / Inactive - 1980 "Special Two" Keeping it.

Cafefill

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
For sale is this immaculate frame up, every nut and bolt restoration. It was built as a "concours quality resto-mod". It presents as a really nice roadster, but deviates from stock.to the degree that it would never score in a stock class. It did, however, win best of show at a local meet on fit and finish.
The motor was rebuilt with 1st oversize pistons, valves lapped, and all seals and gaskets were replaced. Every part on the bike was repainted piece by piece, and every component on the bike was either refurbished or replaced. Most of the chrome was replated, and all aluminum parts were polished. The wheels were relaced with new spokes, and carry a good set of Pirelli MT66 tires. The aftermarket seat cover is leather with a vinyl skirt, and is the only one like this I have ever seen. Ride this bike anywhere, and turn heads in the process. $2800 firm. Bike is in Hortonville, WI 54944. See attachments below for pictures. More pictures available upon request to serious buyers.
Cafefil
920-740-6140
20160827_133921.jpg
20160827_133929.jpg
20160827_133942.jpg
20160827_134030.jpg
20160827_133908.jpg

Last edited:
Good Day Gentleman... I know this bike well and the owner. There will be no disappointments.. nice workmanship.

As our fellow XS fan mentioned.. across the pond it's about $5600.oo... we forget how fortunate we are here in the land of 10000 taxes. Generally our motorcycles are cheaper and more readily available then other parts of this big blue marble.
This 80' Special is a great buy. Let's face it.. you can't duplicate the time and expense required to build it for anything less then the ask'n price.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm motivated to sell because our paper mill here in Wisconsin shut down last month, leaving me jobless. It does pain me to let it go this cheap, but the money is more important right now. Will happily store it till spring to get it sold.
Cafefill

The comment made in this thread that this bike couldn't be reproduced for the asking price has been haunting me. This is a great bike, and a steal for the asking price, but so far the only real offer on the bike was $2500. I just can't let it go this cheap, regardless of the need for some cash flow. My wife and CFO agrees that I should keep it, which is what I'm going to do.
Hope I haven't insulted anyone in the process.
Cafefill

Phil you have insulted me! I was looking forward to putting a few miles on it in Arizona next March!