Wanted - 1981 or later XS650 swingarm

danno

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Any of you hardtail builders have a swingarm that hasn't been scrapped yet? Cheap is good ( barter is better ), and cosmetic appearance and bushing condition is not important. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:
- which wheel are you trying to match, mag or spoke?...mag disc 78-80 US models
- which brake type - drum or disc?...for the fittings
- has a relevance when looking for a swingarm and mating brake pedal dynamics

i have a 81 special II swing arm you can have (drum brake) - cover shipping and its yours

That would be awesome! My zip is 13160. Please let me know how much shipping is. I will be happy to give you a few bucks, as well. Looks like I should offer something for free, to keep my karma in good standing. Thanks again!

Darn. I have a 1980 special swingarm laying around here somewhere.

Thanks for the consideration, but unless it is a 1980 Special II swingarm, it won't work for me. I neglected to mention that I needed a drum brake style swingarm ( DOH !!! ). All XS650 swingarms from 1981 on were designed for drum brakes, as were as 1979-1981 XS650 Special II swingarms. I certainly do appreciate your efforts!

Thanks for the consideration, but unless it is a 1980 Special II swingarm, it won't work for me. I neglected to mention that I needed a drum brake style swingarm ( DOH !!! ). All XS650 swingarms from 1981 on were designed for drum brakes, as were as 1979-1981 XS650 Special II swingarms. I certainly do appreciate your efforts!
if slothy's wont work, get in touch w/ me. i have one; gotta look for it but i have got one that will work for you. same deal. you cover shipping and its all yours. good luck with your build

Back