Wanted - 1981 XS650 Cast Rear Wheel - Hub Brake

JWASH

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for a cast rear wheel 16 x 3.00 with the hub brake. I think they only made this for the one year.

Yep. I was given an 80 Special II as a project after it had been left in a barn for many years. I have the original front a rear wheels, but I figured I would go for the cast wheels. Cheaper to refurbish and more in line with how I want to rebuild it. I found a decent front, but I need the rear. I did look at changing out the swing arm from ebay and a disk brake cast rear, but then I have to have the frame modified for the reservoir. So, i'm thinking i'd search around for the elusive 81 rear . .

I think my son has a cast wheel with the drum brake left over from his tracker build. I'll check with him and let you know.

plowboy1 is first of course but if he can`t do any good I have this one. Where is Foxboro??
drum brake wheel 002.JPG drum brake wheel 003.JPG drum brake wheel 004.JPG drum brake wheel 005.JPG drum brake wheel 006.JPG drum brake wheel 009.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Halfmile, that looks good. If that's the 16 x 3.00 (can't quite tell from the pictures - old eye's!) then I'm interested if plowboy1's son has already disposed of his wheel. I' don't need the swing arm, just the wheel. Can you hold on to it until we hear back from Plowboy1 for me.

Thanks guys!

P1010037.JPG
P1010038.JPG
P1010038.JPG
jwash, heres a couple pics of the wheel. Needs paint stripped and repainted 16x3.00 Would remove worn out tire to reduce shipping cost. where are you located? $50.00 plus shipping.

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to all who offered! I'd been searching all over for weeks and couldn't find anything. In one day you guys stood up and offered me the parts I needed. I can't say enough what a great site this is!!!

Could be. I've seen other cast wheel / drum brakes, but they are normally from an XS400, which according to the parts books, is a smaller (2.75 v 3.00) wheel width.

Back