Sold / Found / Inactive - 1981 XS650SH Tail Light Plug

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I need just the plug with the wires for a 1981 XS650SH. I need the one you see in the picture not the wiring harness one.

Thanks.
IMG_1424.jpg
Bill

Those connectors are like two and half bucks new Bill.
Have a look here at Vintage Connections.
Unless it is very important to you to have an exact original connector you should be good going with the Vintage Connectors ones. Without looking at the plugs on my 1982 can't say if they do have the exact style.

One thing to keep in mind is often the plastic housings can get brittle with age and the contacts also get corroded. And don't forget we are talking 40 year old parts. Even if they look good there can be corrosion where the terminals are crimped to the wires.

Without looking at the plugs on my 1982 can't say if they do have the exact style.
I used that connector I linked to on my '80. It's an exact match. The quality is top notch too.

My bad. Forgot they were round pins.

Trust me; if you are using the stock taillight it'd be far simpler to take the whole thing..............
I am not using the taillight. I have an Omar’s tail light. I just did not want to cut the connector from the wiring harness off to install another connector. I only need the blue, yellow and black wires.

The correct one is here. It's 7 bucks though.
Still not a bad price with the terminals included. And if it prevents one breakdown or saves from getting rear ended or a traffic ticket even someone as tight with the money as I am it would be a bargain!

I bought one to pigtail in a strobe brake without changing the existing wiring. They plug right into the bikes existing connector.

strobe boxes.jpg

strobe boxes installed.jpg