1982 TANK

NerdyNerd

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I knocked off the paint on the 82's tank... unfortunately it's just COVERED in Bondo and has some pinholes. While fixable it would be a nightmare. Is anyone aware of any non oem tanks that definitely fit on these bikes because I've been seeing some pretty bad reviews online for tanks not fitting when they say they should

Jerry Heiden sold me the tank on my XS650 (just search Miss November) and it's a perfect fit. Supplied in black but it was gonna be painted anyway. Wasn't too expensive, though IDK how much postage to US would be. But after 10,000 miles the rear bracket, for the single bolt under the seat, snapped off. Although the fit was correct, the materials might be inferior?

Have had it repaired now.

An additional thought: I don't see many finished xs650 projects running non-xs tanks (cept maybe the chopper crowd), but I see plenty of unfinished xs650 projects for sale with poorly mounted aftermarket tanks.

An additional thought: I don't see many finished xs650 projects running non-xs tanks (cept maybe the chopper crowd), but I see plenty of unfinished xs650 projects for sale with poorly mounted aftermarket tanks.

45740A39-1E29-426B-B68D-75F1C67DB181.jpeg

Triumph tank.

Not all that difficult to do as long as the tunnel has room.

But still much easier to pick up a good used xs tank if you like the shape.

Back