For Sale - 1983 Yamaha XS650 Bobber w/extras - Atlanta, GA

armstrong310

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my 1983 Yamaha XS650. It's a beautiful custom bobber that was assembled by a knowledgeable local Yamaha engineer. I've owned it for a little over a year and have really enjoyed riding it. I'm moving and unfortunately can't bring it with me. Along with the bike I'm including an additional XS650 engine, the original front end and the original gas tank. I just recently replaced the spark plugs, Adjusted the cam chain tension and adjusted the valves. I plan on changing the oil before it sells.

I'm asking $3500 obo for the entire package.

Full Package:
- 1983 Yamaha XS650 Bobber
- Original front end w/wheel
- Original gas tank

Stats about the bike:

2011 the frame was stripped, cleaned up, powder coated. Engine has been completely rebuilt and powder coated satin crinkle finish.
Mikes XS Tall fifth gear
Ported head
Stock electronic ignition...no points to deal with!!!
Valves just recut with 5 angle valve job.
31 tooth rear sprocket and new front stock sprocket
530 DID X-Ring chain (new with sprockets)
Road Star front end converted to tapered roller bearings.
Solo seat (not the seat in the pictures)
Drag bars
Custom made heat wrapped exhaust
3.1 Gallon King Sporty tank
LED Roadstar tail light with working brake light.
All new cables
Starter removed and kick start only...starts the first or second kick every time and has zero kickback.
Added a hidden cyclocomputer to keep track of fuel level, speed and trip information.

tumblr_m81kxa7PY51qgxarqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m81kxa7PY51qgxarqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m81kxa7PY51qgxarqo8_1280.jpg

The bike is being shown at Atlanta Motorcycles. They are open during regular business hours. More info is available here: http://www.atlmotorcycles.com/

Last edited:
I have always been of the opinion that bobbing a bike, especially the xs650, is a crying shame. However, I've never seen one look so fine. Classy work there, guy. Really classy.
Tempting too...

Back