2013 xs650 build off bikes

Ok so first off id like to thank everyone who came.A big thanx to the crew of Hugh's hand built for make'n it was cool to see and hear some rephrased motors in person and pick ur brain alittle on them. we only had 2 bikes finish the build off and both where in the rider class. My bike and rush2112/mosey oak

some shots of there bike
20130824_133000_zpsa36308c9.jpg

had a few stops for small stuff but everyone made the ride
here's a shot of mark (rush 2112) fix'n the fuel line
and I have to say this was the only ride I've ever been on where more then one person stopped for a brake down.
20130824_155735_zpsdb31cac0.jpg

20130824_155721_zpse7b22db4.jpg

then here's a few shots of the scoot I did. The long swingarm went back on and I made some amal intakes and a few changes from the brat look'n deal I had go'n on.

20130824_130701_zpsdbe5f4fd.jpg

20130824_130640_zps30edf412.jpg

20130824_130646_zps0b4c4309.jpg

the line outside the place we got lunch

20130824_132934_zps74e06b1f.jpg

20130824_132948_zpsdaa51a1b.jpg

alittle pit stop

20130824_160937_zps15a82ccf.jpg

tevan (one of the funniest dudes I've ever meet) check'n out my scoot

20130824_115216_zps6c9a3615.jpg

there was a lot I didnt get pic's of like the full pull truck skiing and some of the ride but
it was a great time and i'd like that thank Daniel for host'n this thing
we're go'n to do something like this again next year not sure on the details but it will be fun this was 2 days on fun got to hangout with good people and eat great food and chill by a nice fire at the end of the day with a beer. one of the best times I've had in a long time at any event/party

oh and the winner was Rush2112/mossey oak with there brat build!
they took home the build off trophy

20130823_155712_zps8d94f0a5.jpg

if ur on facebook checkout pandemonium custom choppers for some great video's and pic's!

Looks like I sure blew this one :doh:

As always, life intervenes. I moved back to my dream location, bought my first house, started a new job, ect. ect. ect.

But, I did finish my build! Been riding it around a bunch lately, super fun!

tracker4_zpsdfba7644.jpg

tracker3_zpsf016bd60.jpg

tracker2_zpseb592ffe.jpg

tracker1_zps85705187.jpg

I'll chime in, here's where I am, started painting the tanks, e-oil bag and the fender today.

edit: oops, didn't see that the beautiful trophy was already gone!

193_zps11481692.jpg

We're do'n this again nov. 1 its starts. who wants in?
With a ride and party @pandemonium the 3rd weekend in august

I wanna try.... hopefully i can get it done this year.... actually want to try to do 2 bikes.... one a mild brattish bike, the other, the full custom i started but never got past the mock up stage....

I'm in!

I'm in the process of moving into a much larger garage shop than the little barely single stall i'm using now. I should have it organized n ready to go by mid October at the latest and i'm gonna block out that 3rd weekend in August next year. Luckily I don't have a wedding booked that weekend yet so i should be able to get there.

I also have a little extra cash to finally get a few shop items i need to really get some more progress on the 4 XS's I started already.

Also I can't believe I'm picking Up my 8th titled Xs650 (someones started project I won on Ebay for a steal a few weeks ago) I pick it up this weekend in southern wisconsin. But I will start a new build with one of my untouched frames after the 1st of November unless its ok to use one i already started? Maybe a re-listing of the Rules would be helpful.

But definitely count me in, and Maybe if I trailer my bike there (What the hell am i thinking I should ride there LOL) I could bring a DJ system with to literally Rock the Party!
Just a thought to think about although I would rather ride my bike there it's 474 miles from here and would be a nice ride!

Let's Rock This Build Party!!!!

P.S. A sideline question, how in the hell do I make my Pictures big in the thread? I've tried what people have wrote me but apparently i'm missing some critical point?

Last edited:
Sounds tempting . I just started a stock 73 rebuild . I think I might have enough pieces around to do a Mad Max Street tracker. ( still doing stock build )Tentative maybe/ yes . I guess we have until nov 1st to start or decide . My goal would be to make it a long haul street tracking cruiser .
Anyone from PA. Besides maybe me ?
Regards,
CPKID

I'd love to do it but I'm all the way in buffalo, NY....and theoretically I already built the bike, albeit in a very ratty stage and would love to break it back down and make everything pretty and fancy

I'd love to do it but I'm all the way in buffalo, NY....and theoretically I already built the bike, albeit in a very ratty stage and would love to break it back down and make everything pretty and fancy

Buffalo is only 349 miles man thats close, pick up another bike and do the buildoff
or just make your Bike the way you want and come along for the ride, and meet all of us nuts out there that enjoy a similar passion = the Yamaha XS650

Hey all here's the link to the new 2014 Build Off Thread

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30934

Posted a few links of the videos from this weekend! If you want more go to youtube and type in Fun at PCC they should come up.

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THEM> MORE FUN TO COME AT THE 2014 BUILD OFF

Back