2015 Ozarks Rally

At last year's Smoky Mountain Rendezvous I mentioned to John Chaves, Executive Director of the Yamaha 650 Society, that we no longer had a rally in the Ozarks. John raved about the beauty and low price of accommodations at the Ozarks Folk Center near Mountain View, AR, and I told him that my wife and I loved the place too. John being a consummate can-do kind of guy, that was all the encouragement he needed to put the rally on the Society calendar.

You don't have to be a Society member to ride with us, but I'll have a bonus gift for any new members who join at the rally. The riding is excellent--be ready to pitch 'em over and pick 'em up.

It's a maybe for me, early april can be dicey from Wisconsin and back. Perhaps one of the big road bikes instead of the XS....

Yo Gary, if the weather looks ugly there's no shame in trailering, which is what I intend to do, for several reasons. Chaves keeps giving me grief when I turn up with one of the newer bikes; the old D-model does fine with my wife on the back, but it's not a real easy ride; and finally, I want to pack enough gear (meters, tools, spare charging rotors, etc.) to get guys running if they have grief. Hope you make it!

Yeah thinking about the van, Nice to sleep in the van.... And there is the faint trail of an early bike in southern IL I'm sniffing at.

Good hunting, Gary. If the trail leads anywhere near my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to help you track.

Guys, this is a meet you don't want to miss. There are still open roads in that part of the country, and you can enjoy the twisties without fighting a horde of tourists in RV's. The discounted group rate holds only until March 30; call (870)269-3871 for reservations.

Gary, are you planning to join us?

still thinking on it just got back from a 5000 mile south west road trip with the van and wife.

Thanks for the kind words there, grizld1. :). We are pretty excited about the rally with the Folk Center reporting quite a few bookings.

As afar as routes, we have a few options all published in xs650society.com website under the Ozark Rally Preview.
Ozark-Poster-2015.jpg

We usually play by ear when deciding which route to take but I am inclined to do the long one, leaving Mountain View (Rally HQ) towards Marshall on AR66 then AR74/377/16 to Jasper where we can do lunch at the excellent Ozark Cafe. Then we loop back northbound towards Western Grove, AR235 to Yellville then the fabulous AR14 back to Mountain View.
Here's a screenshot of the route. Email mejchaves@xs650society.com if you would like GPS file or a textual route of all rides.
OzarkRte2.jpg

Desmoman900, I asked about Sat.s route because I may could catch up somewhere along the way.

Ohh my...:yikes: Is this just a major teaser for all of us, NON US Citizen. ;)

I would for sure sign up for this trip if I were living in the US, sounds really great, especially that its non trafficated and beautiful roads etc.

Hope you all get a good ride and experience. :bike:

Ohh my...:yikes: Is this just a major teaser for all of us, NON US Citizen. ;)

I would for sure sign up for this trip if I were living in the US, sounds really great, especially that its non trafficated and beautiful roads etc.

Hope you all get a good ride and experience. :bike:
Just to let you know that I have a spare XS for foreign members to ride with us in selected events, vsop-dk. But you must be a member of the Society :)

I'll be there, probably arrive late Friday evening. Will be bringing the van, my 79 and a cot. What's the hot tip for a place to crash (in the van)? Earlier the better for the MC route posting, just in case... I printed out all the "suggested" routes from the rally page an will have the GPS

Back