2017 Fleetwood Country Cruize-In

robinc

Member of the 'yellow meter gang'
Top Contributor
Reaction score
While not a motorcycle event per se, I thought this would be worth mentioning.

June 3rd & 4th.

Fleetwood Country Cruize-In is one of North America's largest outdoor car shows. The car show takes place in London, Ontario at a private estate owned by Steve Plunkett, a local philanthropist and classic car junkie.

There are estimated to be 3,000+ vintage cars, rods and customs and specialty vehicles on display.

CVMG (Canada Vintage Motorcycle Group) will be in attendance. Their show theme this year, 'Bikes Without Borders'.
Maybe MaxPete will be there with his beloved 'Lucille'?

Link to show site: http://fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/2017.html

Link to CVMG calendar: https://cvmg.ca/event-2510930?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=6/7/2017

Hope my new XS650.com t-shirts are in by then!

3000 Vehicals on display! HOLY SMOKES! Talk about eye candy!

3000 Vehicals on display! HOLY SMOKES! Talk about eye candy!

Ya, it's an amazing show. Supposedly the largest in Canada, and one of the largest in North America. Vehicles from all over North America.

Steve Plunkett, (the co-ordinator) is a Cadillac collector. His personal collection includes Caddies owned by Bob Hope, John Wayne, etc. He also owns many restored 20's Caddies and has a special building that he displays them in. A must see event every year, and a bonus that the CVMG lads are now attending.

Sounds like a required attendance. I have read about this many times, and since I am now an hour or so closer to London than I was, I intend to be there. Another one I want to go to is the swap meet in Paris, ON that same month.

Hey Lakeview, good news. Maybe we can connect there will PM details.

Waidaminit!!!!!

I had thought it was a different set of dates when I am definitely out of commission - but I could potentially make it on June 3.

My wife's birthday is June 4 so....well, you know....but my upcoming trip to New York and Vermont ends on June 2 and so if I can make it back from Peterborough, ON on the evenings June 2 and swap the Honda ST1300 for Lucille, maybe I could ride up there on June 3.....

Hmmmmm, I just wonder if my riding cap-ass-ity would be up to it....

Pete

That would be great Pete. We'd be the 3 XSketeers.

Don't know if we could take our bikes in to the property to display with CVMG? I think you're a member, I'm not. If not, parking is on rolling fields at a close by horse farm. I wouldn't be comfortable leaving a vintage bike out in a field hidden amongst a bunch of vehicles.

Back