1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2017 XS650 Fest & ChopOff Event

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HAPPY DAN, Jan 30, 2017.

1. RacerRex

RacerRex XS650 Enthusiast

Back Porch choppers / streets, looks nice!

Hers what I got done this week. Got the swing arm tacked up, chopped those awful 8" bar risers and swapped the bars. Pondering now if I want to continue doing the exhaust down the side like I planned... kind of like it how it is now...
    20170414_224117.jpg 20170414_224141.jpg 20170414_224128.jpg 20170414_224153.jpg

2. 9by12

9by12 XS650 Member

I got all my paint work done yesterday and picked up the chrome the other day, I'm down to a couple of missing pieces before assemble, its time to work on my other bike, oh and I should take some photos I guess

3. RFritz79

RFritz79 XS650 Enthusiast

image.jpeg Made my own exhaust from the tcbros kit

4. Satch39

Satch39 XS650 Addict

[​IMG] Almost done making my new tank tunnel. A couple things to figure out.

Back Porch Choppers likes this.
  5. JRay77

JRay77 XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

IMG_1384.JPG Dog collar. Why not? Haha!

Back Porch Choppers likes this.
  6. can't remember if I posted this month still getting parts together

7. 9by12

9by12 XS650 Member

well its may first so I might as well give an update for may now, mines off the the seat guy to rework the seat, and then its off to the dyno for tuning, yes mine runs and moves already, its coming along nicely can't wait to work out the bugs and be done

8. Ranger

Ranger XS650 Addict

Aren't you the seat guy?

9. 9by12

9by12 XS650 Member

hahahaha, this ones not leather, wish I would have tried it myself though cause this guy is on round two

10. JRay77

11. Streets

Streets XS650 Enthusiast

May update.. Jay from Jump Street has taken my ideas and made them reality... stainless style! both bars carry same radius bends. soon to be roller when I finally land on a front wheel decision. as far as paint goes.. I have been playing with gold leaf gilding!
    Back.jpg Front.jpg
    JRAY77... is that a twinkle of metal flake!!?? NICE!

12. chizler62

chizler62 XS650 Addict

@Streets are those bars silver blazed? Or can I just not see the tig welds in photo?

13. Streets

Streets XS650 Enthusiast

Chizler62, all tig welded,stainless. Jay does some killer work!

14. chizler62

chizler62 XS650 Addict

Agreed, looks great. I'm a stainless nut. Everything from my engine stands, frame to fenders.

15. Streets

Streets XS650 Enthusiast

June update.... 21'' spool finally won the internal battle over the 23'' a quick swap of the bearings and ready. Roller pics soon to follow!
    21'' Wheel.jpg

Ranger likes this.
  16. Ranger

Ranger XS650 Addict

Can't wait to see it! I should be starting my frame next week...

17. Satch39

Satch39 XS650 Addict

Ranger, nothing like waiting til the last minute. I'm feeling pressure and all I have left is paint/powder then final assembly. I'd be a wreck if I didn't even have a frame yet!

18. Ranger

Ranger XS650 Addict

Haha! I'm not worried... yet... My motor has good conpression and I have all the bits to make it run. And I'm not going to worry about finishes until after the chopoff. But I now have all my machined and laser cut parts, so I'll be able to bang the frame out. It's definitely going to be down to the wire...

19. JRay77

I'll be at the fest for sure but my motor for the build just took a major shit. My problem is I don't wanna sell any of my others to fund this project. Changed positions at work, so now I don't have access to machining equipment.... I do have two other running engines but they're on other finished bikes. No overtime on my new position for the extra $$. My car took a shit.... White people problems. Haha! I decided to put together a roller to stay positive. Oh, also I lost my old sugar mammas contact info. Pretty sure she's blocked me anyway. Ah well, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

June update.

R.I.P.
    Chris Cornell

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  20. Streets

Streets XS650 Enthusiast

Last night it finally was able to be officially considered a roller! specs are -4 under narrow springer, 21'' front, 18'' rear TC tail. still a ton of detail work
    before breaking it all down for paint.
    Bike.jpg

JRay77 likes this.