2020 XS650 CALENDAR *OFFICIAL* THREAD - NOMINATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to nominate Yamadude for his clean 1976 tastefully modded bike
F48D4329-ABCD-4F7C-8DFD-7CC96AEACC5A.jpeg

I would like to nominate Yamadude for his clean 1976 tastefully modded bike
View attachment 149025
Thanks Bob, for the nomination, which I gratefully accept.

This was my first XS650 purchase, a 2012 garage sale find @ $500. I had been looking for a year or so for a project, and this '76 was in rough shape, barely running. All work accomplished myself, including the paint job. I stripped it down to the bare frame and painted each part outside in the driveway. There are a bunch of pics in my profile media. I can't imagine having done this restoration without the support of the members at this forum.

The seat is from Vietnam. Made the rectifier with Radio Shack components. Ignition is a vintage Dyna II system, no longer made for the XS650, but the company did in fact respond substantially to some questions I had.

I ride this bike regularly throughout Onondaga County.

2019.Calendar76 028.JPG

ride76.Engine.2.jpg

Last edited:
C2C7BF4B-F3A2-4B45-A081-AE884F50306C.jpeg
81504686-881A-4200-B0B1-DF13D9813CFE.jpeg
44E3FCB5-2029-4827-83C6-51D57A1B236C.jpeg
I’d like to nominate myself- Thaddeus Zimmerman and my first bike- my ‘77 survivor that I’ve got looking and running better than ever with my own little flair. I can get some better quality pics taken here this weekend- I’m a johnny come lately to this thread and don’t wanna miss the deadline!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 149053 View attachment 149052 View attachment 149051 I’d like to nominate myself- Thaddeus Zimmerman and my first bike- my ‘77 survivor that I’ve got looking and running better than ever with my own little flair. I can get some better quality pics taken here this weekend- I’m a johnny come lately to this thread and don’t wanna miss the deadline!!!

I would like to second Thaddeus, I have enjoyed watching him learn and grow as a mechanic. This is his first motorcycle and he learned to ride on this bike. He’s also turned it into a nice looking and reliable vintage bike.
Good luck to you Thaddeus!

Wow, these all put a smile on my face! So much talent here. I am sure there are lots of folks who have done work/builds and are too humble to share.
Cheers to you'all !! And yes, there needs to be a minimum of 30 months in a year to accommodate for the calendar!
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back