2021 XS650 calendar *OFFICIAL* Thread - PHASE 1: Nominations - Through Sept 13!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoran1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Fellow XS650 members,

I hope you are well and have had a chance to get out on two wheels and enjoy some riding and nature.

What a SH*T SHOW of a year. Let's move on to 2021 already, shall we?

This will be the official thread for the 2021 XS650 Calendar. NOW is the time to get your bikes out while it is still nice before winter and get some quality photos if you want to nominate or have a shot at being selected in the calendar. Deadlines are going to be tight this year. I have a goal of shipping calendars in October before the holiday season to avoid any delays that may incur.

I appreciate the feedback on the previous year calendars. Your guys' comments and appreciation of the calendars is what keeps it alive for me.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST:

Post UP TO (3) nominations here in this thread with a picture. Nominations MUST INCLUDE PHOTO AND MEMBER NAME IN POST. Please notify the member you have nominated to accept nomination. NOMINATION PHOTOS DO NOT NEED TO BE HIGH RESOLUTION.

Phase 1: NOMINATIONS - Through September 13 or 24+ Bikes (whichever comes sooner)
Phase 2: VOTING STAGE - September 14-20
Phase 3:
WINNERS SEND INFO - DEADLINE September 30th unless contact and arrangements are made
Phase 4)Production>Shipping>Delivery

PHOTO REMINDER: NOW is a good time to get some nice photos of your bike if you would like to be nominated before riding season is over and the snow falls. If no pictures or contact has been made after a week the next member with the most votes is in so make sure to follow all calendar threads.

PHOTO TAKING NOTE: Most smartphone cameras now take high resolution photos if that is all you have. A note about photos: Make sure your phone is turned sideways (landscape) when taking photos of your bike and always leave enough background space on all sides. This makes it better when cropping and preparing the layout of the main images. Photos can be zoomed in and cropped but you can't add what isn't there.

Nominations
1. NOMINATE UP-TO 3 bikes that you'd like to see in the calendar for 2020. Nominee must be a member with their bike/build posted on XS650.com. Remember PHOTO and MEMBER NAME included in nomination post.
2. Contact the bike owner and let them know of the nomination and verify.
3. Nominations must be seconded by another member.
4. Nominations must be accepted by owner to be included in the voting thread.
5. You ARE allowed to self nominate (must be seconded to be considered for voting)
6. You ARE allowed to second nominate more than one bike.

Voting
1. 24+ bikes with nominations seconded by a member and accepted by owner, make it to voting stage.
2. Vote for your favorite 13 bikes (Voting thread)
3. Will be a set time for voting opening and closing.

Calendar Selection Winners
Selected members will be contacted by me, Shawn, (samoran1) with details of what is needed for calendar via PM and will be asking for an email address to receive photos and information.

As always we will have a pre-sale for those of you who want to ensure your calendar. We will start the Pre-Sale earlier as well so more people are aware. PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL PRODUCED. We will have banners and links on the site and Facebook for pre-sale and for sale link.

If you Pre-Order you're guaranteed a calendar.
After the pre-sale they are first come first serve. Calendars will be limited after the pre-order so order accordingly. Calendars will sell out and there WILL NOT be a re-order.

See the 2020 Calendar
See the 2019 Calendar
See the 2018 Calendar
See the 2017 Calendar
See the 2016 Calendar
See the 2015 Calendar
See the 2014 Calendar
See the 2013 Calendar

Awesome! I would like to nominate member Kawabunga for his immaculate 1979 bobber.
30F6A7AB-C72D-4BF1-A56C-1146AB5D2229.jpeg

And Hoser59 for his super clean custom Special
1B1038DA-7CA1-4325-992E-4787AAC5FEA9.jpeg

I will PM them with their nominations immediately.

I humbly accept. Give me another week or two and I’ll have those fresh powder coated black wheels and new tires on it too. They are at the shop waiting for the new rubber to come in.

Well dang- lets just vote on the other 11 months after the Kawabunga build I 2nd that. GREAT camera work and lining up of the pipes, frame, lamp, bars- all of it. I know how hard that is.

I''l second Triz50 as a fellow charcoal PC frame guy. Love the excel rims and fork conversion WITHOUT clip ons. Oh wait- they both have that. Guess I know what my next build is getting.
76c9d6e6-68f8-42ca-86e6-5b1ad8c5fdd1-jpeg.174643

I couldn't find a build thread on your bike. Tell us a bit about it?
I never got around to putting a thread together. It’s an 81’ special with an air box delete and carbs. Hidden electronics under the seat with a mikes capacitor. I custom welded a tail piece to match the seat with integrated taillight. Built the 07’ gsxr front end with cognitions spoked wheels and Ducati monster bars. I kept the stock headlight. Also I laced up a spoked rear to match the front. I added the full custom flat track single exhaust as well 2 year project And I’m very happy with the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back