2023 XS650 Calendar Tie-Breaker Vote

Which XS650 would you like to see on the cover of the 2023 XS650 Calendar?

• jpdevol

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • magoo66

Votes: 32 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you know, in the voting thread for the 2023 XS650 Calendar two bikes tied for first place. We need to determine which bike will be on the cover, so we're holding a one-day vote for just those two bikes.

Vote using the poll above.

@jpdevol
jpdevol_01.jpg

jpdevol_02.jpg

@magoo66
full

full

The top one is one of the best customs I’ve ever seen but the second one represents a perfect example of the XS650 so it’s a tie for me as well 😕

Thank you all! I received a very nice congrats from Magoo via PM.
It was back and forth and very close all the way - I'm humbled.

As I commented to Magoo: In the end, when the calendars are hung, the cover just goes against the wall:laugh2:

Thank you all! I received a very nice congrats from Magoo via PM.
It was back and forth and very close all the way - I'm humbled.

As I commented to Magoo: In the end, when the calendars are hung, the cover just goes against the wall:laugh2:

Vote shhmote! There always has to be a winner, it's human nature. In reality we are not evaluating these motorcycles - the discovery, the dream, the planning, the search for parts, the expense, the endless hours of effort, the frustration & confusion, the regrets, the injuries and the pride - we are expressing our own tastes. As some members have stated, they are both beautiful motorcycles and the one we ultimately select is the one that gives us that warm feeling in our nether regions and fills our head with dreams of the wind in our hair and the motor's growl as we pull up on it at our local to the admiring glances of those who appreciate genuine engineering achievement. In this case, it comes down to tradition or avant garde concept. I try not to vote because I am not worthy to assess the beauty these guys have created and I have room for dreams of both in my biking fantasies.
Well done gentlemen!

I managed to miss this run-off poll and I'm almost glad I did. As I said elsewhere, the bikes and owners are all winners and I'm looking forward to adding the 2023 calendar to my collection.

The XS650 might not be the best bike on the planet but this must be one of the best motorcycle forums.

I do have to ask…is it comfortable to ride?
It's an acquired taste.....lol. At first, I was unsure about the rigid and the solo saddle. Like becoming comfortable on any "new to you" bike it took time to relax the grip on the bars and the stiffness of spine. That said, it handles pretty good and is very stable at speed (on decent pavement). I ride it a lot now, have done a short trip on the Blue Ridge Pkwy and just now returned from a 60mi local jaunt - I picked it over a few others available. Comfortable? not compared to good suspension and a good saddle, but I've ridden worse OEM bikes.

For me it's the Custom. To source parts for the stocker is a breeze. To dream, to build and engineer a custom can be a nightmare with endless opportunity.
to add a sidecar not so much hard work. A side car is what you use for extra gear and your best friend to travel with, your dog!
The paint on both bikes is excellent.
My hats is off to both of you men.
Below is a few of my toys, I currently own about 12 bikes, I am spending money on a 1974 650TX Yamaha not shown, it's in pieces. To restore!
pictures from my smart phone 7-2012 059.jpg

Winner for the cover is JP
039.JPG
IMAG0302.jpg
pictures from my smart phone 7-2012 210.jpg
pictures from my smart phone 7-2012 1109.jpg

Back