256 and 447 frames

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
yrs ago bought a 2-1 exhaust system from mikes , was not advertised at the time only good for special frames (another mikes story i wont get into here) , it did not fit my 447 frame , the r/h side would not quite seat into the head (r/h header just touched the frame) now my question is would they work on a 256 / 1973 tx650 frame , a mate wants to buy them but dont want to sell if will fit on the tx .......motors out of the frame and both motor and frame are stored in 2 different sheds (frame in the back surrounded by other bits) so cant really do a comparison ,cant remember what i paid for them as was about 12 yrs back or more but got a shock when saw how much mikes wanted now days and that doesnt include currency conversion / shipping and 10% import duty

it did not fit my 447 frame , the r/h side would not quite seat into the head (r/h header just touched the frame)
Can't answer your question but regarding the bad fit.... the headers can be adjusted. A little sanding with an aggressive belt and you can move 'em around quiet a bit. The Mikes headers I got for my SG were way off. Trimming the inlet flange fixed 'em quiet nicely.

Header alignment..png

thanks jim thats good to know , when it happened thought using 2 exhaust gaskets instead of 1 might work , where the header hits the frame is up near the out let not where it connects to the muffler

Back