3-way headlight issue

Grimmith

Samurai
Reaction score
So I'm like 95% close to getting this switch to work......but I'm confused and wanted to see if the experienced members could help me out. I have a 3 way switch. on/off/on. and if I'm correct. the yellow and blue/yellow wire is HI and the black/yellow and blue/green wire is for low. and the green is the power wire for each one right? (following the OEM wire diagram)
I have the switch working, but it basically looks like it's HI/ HI lol. then I feel my wires getting hot. Is there a difference between connecting the power wire to the brown power wire from the ignition switch versus the blue wire? I currently have it on the brown.

I've been trying a few days to get this solved but sadly I can't.

Willis is helpin quick, i think its because i had my green running light wire connected to my power wire, instead of the running wire on the harness lol. Going to test it later tonight

i Was just trying to read the factory harness in the Clymer. There are much more knowledgeable folks here that will give you better info than me when it comes to wiring.

The headlight is grounded at the 3-way connector at the bulb. You should have power going into the switch from a brown switched power wire in the harness. When you turn on the high beam the switch should distribute power to the yellow high bean wire to the bulb. When you turn on low, power should be distributed to the green low beam wire. With power off, use your ohm meter to tell what's what; one wire will be continuous with first one and then the other of the two remaining wires as your switch from high beam to low.

I have success guys!!! thanks so much every one. my brain isn't like it used to be lol

Back