2 into 1 intake manifold

crash

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
does anyone know of a site that has two into one manifolds for xs650s ,i want to run one carb.out of the side. cool look.thanks mike

...single carb...

- in theory its a nice idea, saves cost and simpler technique - in practise the down post gets in the way...

- a point to remember is that the TR6(71x82) (TR6 from 82 are 76x71.5, long stroke - and have lower 42 HP), TR7(76x82) and Commando(77x89) are all long stroke whereas the XS tends to short stroke(75x74) so the engine characteristics are a bit different to start with and it is common in brits that the cylinders dont run in sync

- nevertheless this is fairly common in the sidecar racing scene, for torque and responsiveness

- there is also a trade off in manifold size where the tubing act as a plenum, short...incr hp, long..incr torque :: large plenum...incr torque, small plenum...incr HP..this is measured from inlet valve to end of airbox...to max HP you need somewhere in the region of 22-26 inches...

- the stock XS has a length of about 23 inches...

- i have done this by cutting the frame and modifying it to double cradle like a BSA...

- if you drop it on the side the carb sticks out like you want, what are you going do?

...or you do this...

- http://www.sense.net/~blaine/hardtail.html

Last edited:
file-1.jpg
...and if you drop this?

file.jpg
...and why would this never work properly?

P1010106.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010104.jpg

P1010103.jpg
...willie apers'?

BSAFrame.jpg
...BSA double cradle frame

frame_side.jpg

reworked post opens up space for a single carb
xs_frame_sketch.jpg

the drawing
xs_bob_job.jpg

the bike

inxs,

Do you know anymore about that 2-in-1 intake where the CR carb is centered? I'd like to get my hands on one of those.

I got the 2 into 1 intake with carb from wiseguy choppers. Can anyone tell me what size jets i should use? It runs at idle, when you snap the throtle it gags, and when it gets up in rpms it cuts out. Right now i have a 27.5 pilot,210 main, needle is all the way up,and air screw is 2 full turns out. It came with a 25 pilot and a 200 main,and i couldnt get it to run with the choke off. I need some help,any info please.

What carb are they sending out with that? Maybe you're too rich on the top end. Ride it and try to hold the rpms as high as you can without it bogging down. Hit the kill switch (if you have one) or turn the key and pull in the clutch at the same time and coast to a stop. Pull one the plugs and check it to see if it looks black. If it does, then you’re too rich.

I'm guessing it's way too rich and you're fouling out your plugs. Maybe get a 185 main and some new plugs? I don't know much about jetting for a 2-into-1 intake system so I could be way off.

Also, welcome to the forum!

the manifold with the cr carb centered is an old Halco item designed for the wasp sidecar frame,I've seen one on an xs with the frame altered as INXS says,with a ss carb for a harley on it,the problem with the others that are on the market is the inlet track is a differant lenth from one side to the other,not sure how this would effect a twin.

- been thinking about playing around with a single carb setup...double cradle frame? modifying rear post position? or using a sidecross frame?...still undecided...nevertheless picked up an XS650 single carb manifold-will take any carb boot for an original XS head

P6080002.jpg

P6080001-1.jpg

your pilot jet is too small. bump it up to a 35 and adjust the air-fuel screw accordingly. most of the intakes i have sold use the 25 pilot and 200 main, but that is a starting point for a few. i now have three different type 2 into 1 intakes for these bikes. a low slung one for the chopper, bobber bikes. a different one for the tracker cafe bikes which sits high and has the carb almost centered off the left side backbone. the mikuni VM 36mm carb has shown the best results in low, mid, and top end ranges. i am doing testing right now on a new twin tunnel ram intake for jetting recipee now.

- joe wise guy

- drag style
BzpR3SwB2kKGrHqYOKnMEw85Y0yGTBMW7mr528g_3.jpg

BzpSFgEWkKGrHqMOKj0EwrjCSteBMW7oSGUg_3.jpg

- chopper bobber style
sey20bike20rear20left20view20of20intake20and20carb.jpg

picture-2.jpg

- cafe style
picture.jpg

picture-1.jpg

Last edited:
the top one is my drag intake... got a few guys running that one. the second one down is my chopper unit and i have close to 80 units out there now. the bottom one is made by a buddy blacksmith billy.

i have another smaller unit that fits close in to the backbone with the carb slightly off the backbone and out the left side. my tracker unit. it was the easiest one to tune and now the one i get the most demand to make for the cafe, tracker, and stock bike upright seating types. i think i have the pics posted in my albums here but dont know how to load them to this link thanks.

Man. those are friggin crazy cool! I'll be hittin you up for one. Gotta fiqure out which one. I run a crazy vertical jockey the shoots back toward the back tire and mid floorboards, so prolly the new one?

:wtf: I didn't post that last pic....Bahahahaha!

Attachments

• xs650 001.jpg
    xs650 001.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • xs650 002.jpg
    xs650 002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,176
  • plumbers_crack.jpg
    plumbers_crack.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,552
Back