50 Years of the Yamaha XS650 - Paris Ontario - June 2020

Howdy sports fans! Check out the poster for the upcoming Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group 2020 Annual Rally in Paris Ontario! Early registration is open now - just go to the CVMG website and select “Events”. The cost for members is $25 CAD for the whole weekend including your vehicle and bike(s) and camping on site. Non-members pay $45 CAD (which is around $1.73 USD at the present rate of exchange.

BE THERE - or BE SQUARE!

902E6430-E5D2-45FE-A53E-9F43D24AB1A0.png

Wow, Pete! I might be able to make this a two-for-one trip. I might be able to visit/stay with my brother in London, and day trip to the rally!
I seriously doubt "The Basketcase" would be anywhere near ready, but if I came across a metric ton of parts, my truck would be the tool of choice anyways. I wonder if I could throw some "take offs" I've got laying around, and trade for stuff I can use? But, it would almost be the adventure of a lifetime to meet some of the masters of the Xs in person! I'll see what I can do... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fabulous Tebo!

I have actually never been at a Paris Rally but I am told that the swap meet is a ball and A LOT of stuff changes hands.

Early (ie. cheap) registration continue till April 1 but even if you miss it, the price only goes up by $5 - so not a big deal (particularly for US folks since $5 Canadian is only about 45 cents US).

P

Last edited:
since $5 Canadian is only about 45 cents US.
LOL! The exchange rate isn't that bad, but hey, if I can make the trip to join my brother for the Elmira Vintage Guitar Show (this coming April will be our 3rd year as exibitors!), then I oughta be able to do the Paris show. If I have motorcycle stuff to bring, maybe we could bring a couple of guitars....

I'm planning on making this event, Hopefully on WJL.
20191008_115205.jpg

Wondering out loud (for a friend) what would a border crossing with a truckload of used vintage Yamaha parts be like? (coming and going, LOL)
Current "plan" HAH! is ride over, catch a trailer ride home with JRP1.

Last edited:
Short route - ferry across the lake, cut across the mitten, hop on the 402 & you're there OR scenic route up & around the top of lakes, down the Georgian Bay?

Short route - ferry across the lake, cut across the mitten, hop on the 402 & you're there OR scenic route up & around the top of lakes, down the Georgian Bay?
yup one of those, or the scenic lake shore all the way route, about 900 miles will depend a lot on weather.........

I will try to make it to this guys. I will trailer up and ride around. I will need to double check when my god daughter’s graduation day. If it is after the rally, gonna make a very good effort to attend. JC

*would be a 16hr ride for me and would do that in a day.....a mighty long one but done it before!*

I'm planning on making this event, Hopefully on WJL.
View attachment 157325
Wondering out loud (for a friend) what would a border crossing with a truckload of used vintage Yamaha parts be like? (coming and going, LOL)
Current "plan" HAH! is ride over, catch a trailer ride home with JRP1.

I really don't think it would be a big deal as long as you have ownerships (i.e. "titles" for each bike). I routinely buy stuff in the US and bring it back here - no probs. As for the the return trip the US - all I have ever been asked for is my ownership and insurance documents plus how much cash do I have on me.

NOTES:
1) US folks - do not bring a firearm with you. The Canada PBA folks will likely ask and they'll find it.
2) Radar detectors are not permitted in Canada (at least not in Ontario) and so if you've got one, set it in the glove box and don't use it over here.
3) You WILL need a passport to enter Canada - the old days when a US / Canadian driver's license would get you through the border as looooonnnggg gone.

Last edited:
Back