50 Years of the Yamaha XS650 - Paris Ontario - June 2020

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Update: 4/9/20:

DEAR ALL:

Word came down this morning that the 2020 CVMG Paris National Rally has been canceled until approx. the same dates next year in June 2021.

Obviously this is a disappointment and I apologize to all those who made travel plans.
_________

It has just been announced that the featured marque of the 2020 Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (CVMG) Rally will be.... the Yamaha XS650!

902e6430-e5d2-45fe-a53e-9f43d24ab1a0-png.157322

The CVMG Rally is a big deal with hundreds / thousands of bikes and attendees, contests for various classes of bikes, riding events and a very large swap meet. The event will be held in the pretty little town of Paris Ontario which is southwest of Toronto on June 18-21, 2020. There are some local hotels but many people camp on the local fairgrounds where the Rally has been held for the last 47 years.

Check it out at: www.cvmg.ca

Plan to be there to meet other XS650 enthusiasts, buy and sell bikes, parts and stuff and have a great time celebrating our favourite motorcycle!

More details to follow as they become available.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
It has just been announced that the featured marque of the 2020 Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (CVMG) Rally will be.... the Yamaha XS650!
The CVMG Rally is a big deal with hundreds / thousands of bikes and attendees, contests for various classes of bikes, riding events and a very large swap meet. The event will be held in the pretty little town of Paris Ontario which is southwest of Toronto on June 18-21, 2020. There are some local hotels but many people camp on the local fairgrounds where the Rally has been held for the last 47 years.
Check it out at: www.cvmg.ca
Plan to be there to meet other XS650 enthusiasts, buy and sell bikes, parts and stuff and have a great time celebrating our favourite motorcycle!
More details to follow as they become available.
Pete

Hi Pete,
the last time I rode my XS650 to the Paris Rally it was new, I was only middle-aged and living in Pinawa MB.
I reckon that trailering my XS650 sidecar rig to Paris from Saskatoon and back will be too much for an 82 year old
and alas, I'm too cheap to fly.
But Gawd! I'm tempted.

….. dang.. closest I ever got to our friends to the north....who I blame for the Siberian Express every January.. really.. 25 frick'n below... was a Hibbing, MN...

It'd be about a six hour ride from N. Michigan....passport in hand. Seriously tempted....

Back