650 special bars

I wouldn't turn it down but for as long as he has been waiting on me for delivery I think I may need to buy him a few 🙂
It's all good
I'm not going anywhere and neither is the bike

Damn straight
When I see you I'm buying

So new member here, I own a 650 Special but would like to make it more like an XS and hope that does not offend. I just bought a 1980 650 Special with only 15K on the clock and is totally stock. The reason I bought the bike is that it belonged to a good friend of mine who has decided that its time to hang up his helmet and I couldnt see the bike going to someone that would'nt take care of it. My question here is about handlebars, the bike currently has the pulled back stock bars on it and I dont care for them. I have not rode an actual XS but I like the look of the stock bars on an XS, can anyone tell me where I can get a set of bars that are close to stock XS bars or something that is similar? Thanks in advance

So new member here, I own a 650 Special but would like to make it more like an XS and hope that does not offend. I just bought a 1980 650 Special with only 15K on the clock and is totally stock. The reason I bought the bike is that it belonged to a good friend of mine who has decided that its time to hang up his helmet and I couldnt see the bike going to someone that would'nt take care of it. My question here is about handlebars, the bike currently has the pulled back stock bars on it and I dont care for them. I have not rode an actual XS but I like the look of the stock bars on an XS, can anyone tell me where I can get a set of bars that are close to stock XS bars or something that is similar? Thanks in advance
Terminology is the key to learning any discipline. Thinking you're referring to the Standard bars. These bikes all carried the nomenclature of xs650, save for the year or two that they were called the TX650. Generally we'uns class them into Specials or Standards. Alright, enough of that.

Welcome aboard!! Post some pics when you can as we all love to see what everybody is riding.
Standard style bars come up on occasion in the classifieds and I prefer them myself. Some like the Euro style bars which are pretty close to the Standard and some think the Special buckhorn bars look best cut up and turned into wind chimes.....

Again, welcome aboard!

Look at MikesXS.com

Don't let anyone tell you that any one bar is the absolute best bar. They are just blowing smoke up your ass.
Some people like the "special" bars, I do not.
Others like Euro bars, to me ok but not the best by any means.
For me the XS1/2 bar feels the best and look good. It also has lead weights in the bar ends which help with vibrations.
There are a lot of other bars out there, you need to look a them and decide for yourself.

1689815265874.png

Back